CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:27 am 
IP:
My buddy has a revelation bolt action single shot 22 that shoots 22 shorts,longs and long rifles model # 10022s-l-lr im wanting to know what the value of these guns are? Whats the low end price of one thats worn out and the high in price of one thats like brand new? And when they was first established and when they quit makeing them? Any info and or help at all from my fellow sportsmen,hunters and or gun enthusiest will be greatly apperciated. Thanks and good hunting.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:34 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

low end is probably around $50 and top end is about $125-$150. Your not talking much monetary value. The Revelation brand is a rebadged marlin, savage, mossberg, etc. Western Auto sold them years ago. I like then due to their cheaper price compared to the parent manufacturer. Most of the Revelations I have owned have been relegated to truck guns and are just meat guns. They aren't a braggin piece if that is what you are wanting.

I just looked and it is the same as the marlin 321 and marlin 320. I have the marlin 320b and it is a tack driver. I wouldn't mind getting a revelation so I could shorten the barrel and make a cooner out of it. I prefer a single shot for coon hunting.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:43 pm 
IP:
Scott Young wrote:
low end is probably around $50 and top end is about $125-$150. Your not talking much monetary value. The Revelation brand is a rebadged marlin, savage, mossberg, etc. Western Auto sold them years ago. I like then due to their cheaper price compared to the parent manufacturer. Most of the Revelations I have owned have been relegated to truck guns and are just meat guns. They aren't a braggin piece if that is what you are wanting.

I just looked and it is the same as the marlin 321 and marlin 320. I have the marlin 320b and it is a tack driver. I wouldn't mind getting a revelation so I could shorten the barrel and make a cooner out of it. I prefer a single shot for coon hunting.

Hey man thanks a million for all the information. I was 99% sure I was dealing with a very low budget rifle. Espically this one it only has around 60% of the blueing still remaining and was coverd in surface rust, not real bad but when the smoke cleared after i was through cleaning it, it still had a few pen head size spots of rust on it and one spot about the size of the end of a ciggarette butt. But hey ive got 30 bucks in it and it shoots straight as a string, it's old it very very broken in to say the least (lol) but it now gonna be my #1 coonhunting rifle i drilled and tapped it my self and mounted a lil ol tasco 3x9x40 scope on it cause thats what i had layin around and it's my lil monster now!!!lol agian thanks for the info buddy and lets keepum in the winner circle good huntin!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:33 am 
IP:
these make a great coon hunting rifle