CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: almost old enough
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im almost old enough to buy and carry a handgun, you must be 21 in pa, and i was wondering which american made handgun is best for the buck. ive looked around but havent come up with much luck. im looking for a "knock down caliber" that is pretty comfortable to carry and shoot. because of my small hands i feel a single stack would suit best. any ideas?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: almost old enough
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:49 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

maunz wrote:
im almost old enough to buy and carry a handgun, you must be 21 in pa, and i was wondering which american made handgun is best for the buck. ive looked around but havent come up with much luck. im looking for a "knock down caliber" that is pretty comfortable to carry and shoot. because of my small hands i feel a single stack would suit best. any ideas?

I am happy with Rossi by Braztech. American made no :( but what really is anymore.

knock down power...go with a magnum

To get the feel of a gun,go to a gun dealer and get your hands on some.

IMO Take a look at some revolvers they can be shaved down to
be a comfortable carry if needed and they don't jam.

If your not armed your a victim.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:02 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

any dealer i go to say they cant let me handle it because im not old enough to buy... i waslooking at maybe a .45 or .40 caliber, im not really looking for a revolver. ive heard good things about kimber but wow are they pricey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Springfield XD, I love mine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

go ahead and get the best you can afford, i, in my opinion, REALLY like the Virginian Dragoon revolvers, just me though..... i do also enjoy A ruger blackhawk, love that 4 5/8 inch barrel, man!! anyways, don't go cheap on semi autos.....start at a glock (but u may not like the foreign, polymer type) and just move ur way up, i REALLY want to go out and get a S&W 1911, nice and clean.... but that'll be one day, anyways, good luck!!
P.S. don't EVER get the S&W sigma.. i have been greatly dissapointed, just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

gary1095 wrote:
go ahead and get the best you can afford, i, in my opinion, REALLY like the Virginian Dragoon revolvers, just me though..... i do also enjoy A ruger blackhawk, love that 4 5/8 inch barrel, man!! anyways, don't go cheap on semi autos.....start at a glock (but u may not like the foreign, polymer type) and just move ur way up, i REALLY want to go out and get a S&W 1911, nice and clean.... but that'll be one day, anyways, good luck!!
P.S. don't EVER get the S&W sigma.. i have been greatly dissapointed, just my 2 cents.

I love my Sigma .40! Yes I have changed a few springs in it from Glock for better trigger pull. Smith was sued over it because it was "too close to the Glock".

The M&P is just an updated Sigma, I have shot a lot of M&P's some have a good pull some don't :?: . This seems to be the bigest complaint about the Sigma but it's a well made gun.

I worked at a gun shop for 2 1/2 years The owner went to Glock school.... we all had Sigma's on us. Its my "go to" CCW gun I use it more than my Glock 32 .357 Sig. If im in shorts and tee shirt and need to run to the store my tomcat is in my pocket not my full size gun. I don't like sat. nite specials and sub caliber guns, but something is better than nothing.

With that said go with what fits you the best, when your of age hit up a shop that has rentals and start shooting the different guns they have. then pick your gun, Somtimes inexpensive can be good too........

One other thing the only dumb question is the one you dont ask, But shoot the ammo you would carry and shoot alot! The gun you pick might not be what I or others like but it's what you like. I can shoot my Sigma, Glock, Colt or Kimber just about the same they all go bang and in life or death It doesnt matter what I have in my hand. Take some shooting classes and know your gun.

"PR" MARLOWE'S MARVELOUS MOLLY

To hell with them fellas, buzzards gotta eat same as the worms. Clint Eastwood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

For all the Sigma haters.

part one http://youtu.be/mp_O_T56ZHQ

part two http://youtu.be/civT56e5tAM

Trigger info http://youtu.be/cKit97YipiE

4 pounds how light do you need it?