CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

finally got around to getting my concealed carry permit.(alot of ot hours.) i did a good bit of readin around and debated on what i was gone purchase,if im gona drop almost 500 bucks on somthin i wana know it reliable,especially if it comes down to a moment i need to protect my wife and son and myself.it came down to the springfield xd,s&w mmp and the ruger p95 9mm.i also looked at a few used glock 9 and 45s but they feel awkward i have perdy good sized hands a it felt small and pointing downward,not to mention another 150 i can get never shot decent guns.after a month or so i decided to go with the ruger p95 9mm.got a good deal and it feels great.2 mags new in box box of fmj ammo and a cheap leather hollster for 480.goin to a gun show next week for a decent hollster and nice belt.what is everyone else carring?just curious.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:53 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I carry a rossi 357 mag revolver no chance of jamming
and a hard hitter.

If your not armed your a victim.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I carry a xd sub compact 9 and love it, the rugers not a bad way to go. I would get some good hollow points to carry in it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I carry a Taurus pt 111.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:56 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I took the class to qualify here in MN and will be getting my permit as soon as I can swing it and a pistol. If I was ready to buy today I would get a Glock 17 in .40S&W. Of the ones I have had a chance to shoot this one handled well for me and sizewise would work to tuck in back. I also like the fact that the Glock is so well engineered and maintenance easy. Another plus on that cartridge is that it has been in the stores when I have scanned to see what is and is not on the shelf. What are ammo prices like for you all?

If you are going to carry concealed then you need it small enough to ride nice and out of sight otherwise hip holster a .357 Ruger Blackhawk revolver.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:00 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i pay anywear from 14-16 for 50 rounds fmj 9mm.hollows bout double that.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Southern Maryland Boy wrote:
i pay anywear from 14-16 for 50 rounds fmj 9mm.hollows bout double that.

buy all of those you can. 15 bucks is what i spend on 500 rounds of 22 bullets. 9mm is about 30 a box i think around here.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the only thing bad about a large frame pistol is you will get tried of carring it,i promise you will end up leaving it at home,where it wont do you any good,i bought a ruger 380 lcp and love it,carry it all day long and it never gets in the way,fits right in ur back pocket,,,,,a gun siting at home wont do you any good if you need it

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:02 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i live in ky and i have a ? all you guys that have a concealed permit. is it legal to still carry your pistol while coonhuntin even when season is out????????

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I called Frankfort and asked them. They told me that it is legal as long as you have a permit.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you cant go wrong with a glock 26, 27 or 33. also look at the keltec p11. the only thing bad about the keltec is the trigger pulll. the taruas slim is a real nice pistol also. these pistols are small enough to conceal and arereliable guns. i shoot all of them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am in law enforcement and carry for a living. My on duty is a custom made Dan Wesson 1911 in .45 acp. My off duty is a "BOND ARMS" derringer. it is american made in texas. It is chambered for 45 long colt or 410 shot shell. it weighs 21 oz and I wear it on my ankle. They make a lawenforcemnt load for the 410. it has 4 big bb's and 25 metal discs that shoot out of it. you don't even have to aim just point and pull the trigger. awesome little gun. you can get it in 22 up to 410/45 lc. check out their website. Bondarms.com. I used to carry a ruger sp 101 5 shot revolver in 357 off duty but that is on the shelf since I got this little cannon it is awesome. cost me $375.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

bluejacket wrote:
i live in ky and i have a ? all you guys that have a concealed permit. is it legal to still carry your pistol while coonhuntin even when season is out????????

yes u can they just passed it this year you can even pack it bow hunting,you can pack anytime as long as u got your concealed permit its in the state hunting book.

i had an 380 kel-tec could not hit the brod side of a barn and sounded like a canon it was small great to conceal but did not like it
now i got a Springfield XD -45 Le g.a.p tactical with the fobus holster 2 -9 round magazines and love it the feel is great and everything the shells are higher than the 45 a.c.p and they are just a hair shorter also
i also got a pocket 25 auto Sterling arms witch is ok but your just going to ##*%* something or someone off with it and the shells for it is way to high

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:22 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i am a big fan of the keltec p3at. i have toted one for a few years now. i believe i like the tauras tcp i just bought a little more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

CZ 75 P-01 - traded off the XD for it - i have nothing bad to say about this pistol - there is a reason they are NATO classified