A Dog's Life: Hunting Hounds

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/hou ... ounds.html

Animal Welfare Concerns with Hound Hunting

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/hou ... nting.html

Hounding The Animal Shelters

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/hou ... lters.html

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: HSUS Against houndsmen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

"I just wanted all you hound hunters to look at this. Feb 2010 issue of Coonhound Bloodlines. Page 10 Heads up and page 130 HSUS targets houndsmen. We need everyone who hunts with dogs, bear, coon, cat, birds, rabbits etc. to join together and start to fight this. Everyone should check out the humane society web site and see what they are about. Start to flood there site with our views. Just becarefull and smart about what you say and do. They will look for and capitallize on our mistakes. Come on guys lets start to ruffle there feathers some. Make it hard on them. Ask UKC to help us out and advise us what to do."
quote from ukc forums was not sure if this was touched upon on here but we all need to ban together and flood this ladys e-mail with POLITE messages telling her why we have tracking systems on our dogs and that we do take care of our dogs im talking with a local club about putting on an event for charity if any body needs further info or wants to see whats been said you can visit the other forum i would like to get everyone together on possibly trying to get fnt tailgate adventures to do a show on the legalities of hound hunting the heritage and how to properly care for a hound maybe even a kennel build

they have already got garmins and tree switches outlawed in CA lets get this going.

and be courtesy because she reads these forums

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:37 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks buckshot for putting this on your site. 888 views and 1 reply! its time to fight back against this outragious propaganda!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

u know it is really said. all of us could be out drunk driving or raping kids or something but no we take pride in our hunting and dogs. we even get the family involved in hunting. it helps keep kids out of drugs and jail but i guess to some people thats not good enough i guess. i own 10 hounds and they are taking care of better than people in rest homes. i just dunt get it let us hunt and keep the animals down. insurance people want dog hunter, if they stoped all hunting or even dog hunting i 5 yrs there would be so many animals dead on the road they would have to bring it back idk i guess its just me but happy hunting yall

cold camp creek kennels
pr cold camp creek jabo
pr cold camp creek hunny dew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We are fighting the HSUS tooth and nail in California especially after their donation to Cal Tip. The Ca. Fish and Game Commission is considering legalizing gps, increasing the season limit on bear and a whole bunch of other positive measures. I'll update after the feb 3-4 meetings. -Pete

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:28 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

PJ Meyer wrote:
We are fighting the HSUS tooth and nail in California especially after their donation to Cal Tip. The Ca. Fish and Game Commission is considering legalizing gps, increasing the season limit on bear and a whole bunch of other positive measures. I'll update after the feb 3-4 meetings. -Pete

So how did it go. This is a special intrest to me, I was born in Redbluff and hunted hounds up and around Dorris CA. and all over Oregon.

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey guys join ussportsmen.org. HSUS along with ellen degeneress and bluewater productions are set to release a comic book to help fund HSUS. If you join ussportsmen they will email you on all the isssues. I just emailed bluewater,ellen,and megan sewell. Just remember to be resectful when you do email them. We do no need anymore negative marks against up hsus does a good job of making up enuff of that. WE ALL NEED TO PUT OUR DIFFERANCES ASIDE AND JOIN IN ON THIS FIGHT WICH AFFECTS US ALL!!! WE HAVE TO STICK TOGEHTER ON THIS OUR ONLY STRENGTH IS OUR NUMBERS AND UNLESS WE STAND UP FO OURSELVES AND STAND TOGEHTER THIS WONDERFUL SPORT OF HOUND HUNTING WILL BE CRUSHED. SO PLEASE PUT ALL DIFFERANCES ASIDE FOR WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jeremy -

I do understand the goals of the USSA. I had a long talk with them as well. It is odd to me that they left out a big part of our converstation to make the SPIN of this story benefit them.

If you were to read the WHY we are doing this and done the research, because it is in all the stories, but the USSA did not mention it.....

We donate a % of the proceeds of the comics to the subjects choice. Ellen Degeneres asked to have the money donated thier. Just as others have chosen DR's without Borders. If a subject would have chosen the USSA - then we would of ran that one. We have done books on Sarah Palin where it promoted hunting.

We left the converstation about the possiblies of doing something with thier non-profit, but because of the way they are spinning it iis only to sensationalize it.

This is a book about female empowerment.....

But thanks for your concerns.

This is the reply i got from bluewater guys.......

Here are a few more organizations to join please

www.americansportingdogalliance.com
www.hunanewatch.org

Come on guys it isnt enuff to be against the anti's you have to stand up and do something about it...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here's some anti-HSUS facts. Pass them along. "We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin replying to John Hancock's remark that the revolutionaries should be unanimous in their action on July 4, 1776 at the signing of the Declaration of Independence. -Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just want to say that things are getting way out of hand. Look around us the government is taking over everything and telling us what we can and can not do. Any way you look at it that is not right. The government is taking away our freedoms. Think about it, in order to get this life, our forefathers had to fight a war and revolt against the government in Europe that was stripping them of their rights and freedoms. Now I am not condoning a war but I am saying that it is time to stop being scared and taking whatever the government shoves down our throates. I am tired of hearing people with the attitude of well there is nothing I can do. Then just sitting around and taking whatever happens like we have to except it. I think it is about time for us to stand united and let the government know that we are not going to accept them controlling us anymore. If things keep going the way they are it is time for a revolution.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:41 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

IL coonhunter wrote:
I just want to say that things are getting way out of hand. Look around us the government is taking over everything and telling us what we can and can not do. Any way you look at it that is not right. The government is taking away our freedoms. Think about it, in order to get this life, our forefathers had to fight a war and revolt against the government in Europe that was stripping them of their rights and freedoms. Now I am not condoning a war but I am saying that it is time to stop being scared and taking whatever the government shoves down our throates. I am tired of hearing people with the attitude of well there is nothing I can do. Then just sitting around and taking whatever happens like we have to except it. I think it is about time for us to stand united and let the government know that we are not going to accept them controlling us anymore. If things keep going the way they are it is time for a revolution.

AMEN! IM WITH YOU! Very good discussion and well spoken my friend!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This animal rights propaganda hits home with me in so many wrong ways, all these people that have such biased veiws about hound hunting just really kills me. These people with no hunting background are all up in the government trying to take away our traditions from us, our our children, and grand children all based on pretty much what they see and read on these animal rights websites. Im sure i could find some pictures of a vegans house or living conditions that is really discusting and make people hate them too.........

Post subject: HSUS Action
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

check out www.humanewatch.org These guys are on it. They are exposing the fraud that HSUS is. -Pete

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:18 pm 
IP:
I actually read these articles about a month ago, and one thing just keeps coming back to me.

"Hound hunters use packs of dogs, sometimes 40 or more, to chase bears, bobcats, cougars, deer, or other animals until they try to climb a tree, or until the dogs catch them and tear them apart."

One drop with 40 hounds. That would be a beautiful noise!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

California Voters Overwhelmingly Oppose Proposed Bear Hunting Expansion
New poll results indicate more than 80 percent of voters prefer managing bears with non-lethal methods
SACRAMENTO – A statewide survey conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research, Inc. has revealed that three in four, or 74 percent, of California voters oppose expansion of black bear hunting while only 17 percent support it. The survey results were consistent in every geographic region of the state and in every political and gender demographic, with all regions and political affiliations represented.
The poll comes in the run-up to the California Fish and Game Commission vote on whether to increase the statewide annual bear hunting quota by nearly 20 percent – from 1,700 bears to 2,000 bears per year. The HSUS submitted formal comments opposing the proposal, along with expert opinion questioning the legality and scientific foundations upon which the Department of Fish and Game proposal is based. The Commission will vote at its May 4-5 meeting in Ontario.
“This poll demonstrates convincingly that Californians oppose expanding bear hunting in the Golden state,” said Jennifer Fearing, California senior state director for The HSUS. “Current bear hunting practices, especially the inhumane and unsportsmanlike use of dogs to chase and kill bears, are out of step with most Californians’ sentiments toward these charismatic, iconic animals.”
California is one of only 18 states that permit the pursuit of bears with packs of dogs. The poll reveals that 83 percent of California voters oppose allowing packs of dogs to chase and kill bears – with 75 percent of voters saying they would support a statewide ballot measure to end this trophy hunting method that puts bears, dogs and other wildlife in jeopardy of serious harm, suffering and death.
Despite an increase in media coverage of bears showing up in human population areas, like the Lake Tahoe area, Californians voters say the state should prioritize non-lethal methods – like education, abatement, and avoidance – to resolve human conflicts with bears, by a margin of nearly 6 to 1.
The survey of 800 California voters was conducted statewide from April 14 through April 17, 2011. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.5 percent. The questions and results are below.
QUESTION: The state of California recently announced plans to increase bear hunting with the expectation that hundreds of additional bears will be killed annually. Do you support or oppose the expanded hunting of black bears in California?
STATE
MEN
WOMEN
DEMS
REPS
IND
SO CAL
SF BAY
REST

SUPPORT
17%
24%
11%
12%
20%
23%
17%
11%
20%

OPPOSE
74%
65%
83%
81%
69%
67%
76%
80%
68%

UNDECIDED
9%
11%
6%
7%
11%
10%
7%
9%
12%
QUESTION: Some trophy hunters use packs of dogs to chase bears until they climb a tree, or until the dogs catch them on the ground. The dogs can be injured or killed during the hunt. Other wildlife is also killed by dogs that run loose in the woods during a bear hunt. Do you support or oppose permitting the use of packs of dogs to chase and kill bears?
STATE
MEN
WOMEN
DEMS
REPS
IND
SO CAL
SF BAY
REST

SUPPORT
14%
19%
9%
9%
18%
18%
14%
8%
17%

OPPOSE
83%
76%
89%
89%
77%
80%
83%
89%
79%

UNDECIDED
3%
5%
2%
2%
5%
2%
3%
3%
4%
QUESTION: California is one of only 18 states that permit the trophy hunting of bears with packs of dogs. Would you support or oppose a ballot measure to prohibit the use of dogs to hunt bears?
STATE
MEN
WOMEN
DEMS
REPS
IND
SO CAL
SF BAY
REST

SUPPORT
75%
65%
85%
83%
67%
70%
75%
84%
70%

OPPOSE
14%
20%
8%
11%
15%
19%
12%
9%
20%

UNDECIDED
11%
15%
7%
6%
18%
11%
13%
7%
10%

QUESTION: Bears sometimes come into conflict with people. The vast majority of these reported conflicts are nuisance complaints about garbage cans, bird feeders and simple sightings of bears near urban areas. Many states successfully manage bear populations and reduce conflict through non-lethal measures such as public education, trash management, and game officials using rubber pellets and loud noises to frighten bears away, instead of killing them.

Do you support or oppose California placing priority on policies that promote non-lethal methods to reduce conflicts between bears and people?

STATE
MEN
WOMEN
DEMS
REPS
IND
SO CAL
SF BAY
REST

SUPPORT
81%
75%