CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:26 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Do you have a thread some where that talks about this new Firearms federal regulation for 2009. Where all weapions have to be stored in a Gun safe. I would like to know the real deal on it. federal athorities can walk in your house and inspect ???????? This is going to suck if it's true I have so many weapions I would need three.

Thank you Drew

Sarge

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:24 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sarge, look in the Firearms Discussion forum section or the Legislative Issues section.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:35 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Only thing I saw online was a 2005 Child Protection and Home Safety Act whereby a home with children would receive a 25% tax credit if they had a gun safe. That legislation lapsed and was supported by the NRA.

My opinion is before they can force people to have a gun safe for any guns they may have, they would first have to enact a federal gun registration.

In England and Germany, you have to register your guns, and for the locals, they had to have a safe for their firearms, and a separate safe for their ammo. The amount of ammo was also limited to something like 400 rounds.

Another thing just shot down here in Maryland was the attempt to make all ammo "smart" by having the lot/serial number on each bullet.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vzetun17/racc ... fmaryland/

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:19 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks Drew I will head there and check it out. My wife and all of the Managers of Orcelins town and country were brief on this at the Managers meeting this year.

Cibabo food for thought what do you have to do every time you buy a new weapion, They know who has them, I am about to buy a new savage 243 for my son for his birthday for deer hunting, They will know about that too.

Thanks Drew

Sarge

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

here is one that is currently in the works for our state

Maryland House Judiciary Committee to Hear Ammo Registration Bill
Please Contact the Members of the House Judiciary Committee Immediately!
House Bill 1446, a bill requested by the Maryland State Police to require the registration of ammunition at purchase has passed out of the House Rules & Executive Nominations Committee and re-referred to the House Judiciary Committee for a hearing on March 19 at 1:00 pm.

This bill would require that any person engaged in the business of selling ammunition maintain extensive records on all, including the date of sale, purchaser’s full name, address, date of birth, description of the form of ID used as well as the type and quantity of ammunition purchased. The bill also forces a business that sells ammunition to allow the inspection of the sales record by a law enforcement officer upon request. HB 1446 is tantamount to firearm registration, will do nothing to stop crime and only increase the size and bureaucratic scope of the Maryland State Police. If they succeed, they will no doubt be back wanting a background check or license to purchase ammunition as well. This bill must be defeated. If you think ammunition is hard to find now, just wait and see how hard it is to get if this bill passes.

Congress has tried ammunition registration in the past, only to discover that it was not only ineffective for law enforcement, but also completely unmanageable due to the sheer volume of transactions. Ammunition registration creates huge record keeping requirements and provides no useful benefits for law enforcement; which is why it was repealed under the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986.

Please contact the members of the House Judiciary Committee and respectfully urge them to oppose HB 1446.

No one came, except God
When I needed a breath to rise, from my sleep
No one could help me.. except God

When all I saw was sadness, and I needed answers
No one heard me, except God
So when I'm asked.. who I give my unconditional love to?
I look for no other name, except God”
Tupac Shakur 1971-1996

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I received this one also from a friend hope they help

Blair Holt Firearm Licensing
& Record of Sale Act
2-16-9

Very Important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.

This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

·It is registered

·You are fingerprinted

·You supply a current Driver's License

·You supply your Social Security #

·You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing

·Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

·There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy.. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe.. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H..R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA

More On Gun Grab HR 45 Here...

http://news.google.com/news?oe=UTF-8&hl ... earch+News

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:47 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

dude if thats true then my dad is going to have BIG problems cause he has like 20 somthin rifles and 2 pistols. he better start buyin safes. :D :D :D

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 5&ref=name
http://www.myspace.com/bamaguy619

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:13 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

BAMABOY999 wrote:
dude if thats true then my dad is going to have BIG problems cause he has like 20 somthin rifles and 2 pistols. he better start buyin safes. :D :D :D

same thing with us. it would suck.