CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A View on Hunters ...
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:02 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well just recently here I was talking to the corridinator of the American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue. Then she found out through our conversations that I was a hunter. I'm appauled by some people's views of hunters. I mean, I'm sure she's had quite a few bad ones working at a dog rescue for coonhounds and such, but she seems to think that every hunter out there is obnoixious and cruel. It's really hurtful the way she says that about our sport. And so it brought me to this conclusion: too many people in the general non - hunter and anti - hunter population don't know the true story about hunting and the hunters, the eithics and passion for the sport and the dogs NOT just the kill behind it, and they don't have the oppourtunity to see all of the amazing, ethical, and true hunters, only the bad. I think that over the years and the course of a few bad huntsmen many people have gotten a twisted view about what hunting is really about. It's really very sad. I would like to start a small group in our 4H club down here to raise awareness about hunting with hounds and provide good, model huntsmen to represent the sport best. This experience just really opened my eyes to how much of the world views our sport, has anyone else had an experience like this?

'PR' DALBA'S BLUE REMINGTON

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:29 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i agree, ashley! i can kinda see her point, but she should do some research on coon hunting, and maybe she'd see! i mean, all this PETA citified ##*%* get thier facts by seeing all these drunk ppl who keep undernourished, wormy dogs whos last shot was when someone else owned them! see, hunters like them give hunters like us a bad name and thats where she was getting all her facts, which led to her opinions. we need to do something about it, and if i know coonhunters, there r enuf of us to stand up for the rights to have our dogs, and not be harrased by that peta ##*%* and htat they need to do thier research on what coonhunting really is.

-i love a walker hunter
-he loves a girl who runs around school putting out fires her idiotic friends started

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yea, I mean it's not all their fault because few people actually get to see what it's all about... but I'd like to change that one day!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:31 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

same here. i really hope something is done about PETA and HSUS and all that ##*%* one day.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Better be glad i wasn't there or the words woulda flown faster than my shotgun because i can't stand people who hate something just because they've only seen the bad side of things and won't listen to anybody that tries to show them that something isn't bad just because of the examples they've been given. I know a few people like that and they didn't like me after what I had to say to them. I'm only fourteen and knew more than them. Just goes to show that these PETA and HSUS idiots don't know the first thing about hunting and conservation. Next time you meet one say this exactly, "You know what you PETA idiot? Go out and hug a bear."

You know what you PETA idiots? Go out and hug a bear...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:28 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

dont 4get some...how do i say it... colorful words in there, too, ashley.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol, I had an outraged email written, but after I thought about it, it would have been inappropriate and immature. I just never responded, which was best otherwise my temper would have got the best of me. I may not agree with them, but I shouldn't attack them just because they don't see the way I see or how things really are. It won't do any good to yell at them and tell them how wrong they are, it will only give them more bad reasons to hate hunting and hunters. So I decided to do the right thing and not challenge her any more than I already had. No sense in making more of a mess, lol!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I used to be one of those people :/
Hunting is generally frowned upon in my region, although there are many hunters living here. The media makes hunters seem ignorant, cruel, and like they have no respect for other living things and hunt only to boost their egos. And sadly, we have a lot of those types around as well.

People, particularly high school students, are big on PETA and the animal rights movement here. They accuse sportsmen of ignorance, but they're the ones too lazy swallowing up PETA's bullsh*t to actually do any research on them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:40 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know it. I wish it was different and people understood the truth!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:04 pm 
IP:
i do not understand the peta or the animal rights people if they would leave us folks that enjoy the out doors and the one that enjoy listen to a pair of hounds work this world would be in better shape i have 2 girls and a baby boy my girls love coon hunting my boy is to young he likes hounds you can tell when we walk to the pen to feed his eyes light up i think they should focuse more on getting these young kid off drugs and fixing this dang economy :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Lol I hear ya =)