CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

guy we need to put a stop to stuff in schools! if the ant's like bob give this much to schools then it want stop there they show at our clubs .and at your house taken dogs out of your pins! want you stop breeding we need to flood them with e-mail and call saying that is rong to teach in schools HERE ARE SOME E-MAILS ADD'S LET THEM KNOW HOW YOU FILL ABOUT THIS IF YOU FILL THE SAME AS ME
eboatrig@drury.edu .........Chief Executive Officer Assistant President's Otparnell@drury.edu...............Interim President President's Office

LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 6, 2008 -- LOS ANGELES (AP) - He's no longer the host of "The Price Is Right," but Bob Barker is still giving away major money.
The venerable game-show host and animal activist said Wednesday that he is donating $1 million to his alma mater, Drury University, to establish an undergraduate animal-ethics program.
"It's incredible that I ever was able to go back to Springfield and youive them a million dollars, because when I was there, I didn't have 15 cents," Barker told The Associated Press, adding that he graduated from the Missouri school in 1947. "What I'm hoping is that this will become a model for other undergraduate schools."
Over the past decade, Barker has donated millions to establish animal-rights curricula at law schools nationwide, including Harvard, Columbia and Northwestern
He created those programs to encourage aspiring lawyers, judges and politicians to consider animal rights in their work, he said.
The new undergraduate program may have an even broader reach, Barker said.
"If young people are introduced to the terrible exploitation and mistreatment of animals in society, it will help influence them in anything they do," he said.
Since taping his last "Price Is Right" episode in June, the 84-year-old TV star has devoted himself to animal activism, his pet cause for almost 30 years. Barker is behind legislation to make the spay-neuter of pets mandatory in Los Angeles and statewide.
"For 25 years, I've been closing every `Price Is Right' by urging people to have their pets spayed and neutered, and it did help. ... But it hasn't been enough," he said. "When your education and encouragement fail, you have to have legislation."
After 50 years on television, Barker said he is "a complete success at retirement."
"I can tell now I've been meant for this all my life," he said. "I'm so busy, I don't know how I ever had time to do `The Price Is Right."'
(Copyright ©2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: bob
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:09 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

these people have the right to help dog's and cat's. just like we have the right to hunt. something that has been past down to us for years and years. but they dont stop at just helping they turn into Terrorist! buring peoples house and kennels and the list goes on. iam not saying that we as hunters need to fight them like they come at use .but we need to step up and kick in more money to fight or e-mail's phone call .they are trying to teach this crap in schools. but you cant teach on the bible and GOD .some how some ware this country is going the rong. maybe if we dint go to some this movies .or buy thing that they sell maybe we can hit ther bank roll. and show them we can stand up fight for our rights as hunters. and outdoorsman and ladys i dont know about you guy. but iam tired of these people trying telling us that we are killers .and telling kids that mom and dad are trash and killers because you hunt deer or coon .it what we love to do and as AMERICAN WE HAVE RIGHT TO HUNT OR FISH. with out people that have more money then the PRESINDET backing law that stop our ways of life .

sorry iam just venting
GOD BLESS AMERICA AND ALL THE HUNTERS IN IT