Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:43 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Bigg~BirddVA
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hokieman

I have read and understand your point, However the dog clubs that did this was wrong flat out, the person who shot the dogs were more wrong flat out. The deer you feed or pass up on your land is free roaming which means you or I don't own them they belong to the Commonwealth of Virginia. This doesn't mean a dog hunting club has the right to turn their dogs out on posted land or any land they don't have permission. two wrongs don't make a right. Dog hunting clubs and landowners need to better communicate and respect each other.

Hokieman you're living in la-la land. The dog chasers know what they're doing and they could care less. They're out to run deer to the standers any way they can. Your land and the deer it may hold are fair game. They know it and it's done every day of deer season all over by the majority of clubs out there. Go try to fool someone else with your "I care" act. People get tired of putting up with the abuse by others over the years and they fight back in the only way they can. I FULLY understand. The guy really needs to set out traps for dogs, er..... I mean foxes and trap them. After you catch a few FOXES I'm sure things will change. See trapping foxes is legal during dog season. Just like the doggers say they're running foxes not deer the same can't be proven when a person sets out leg taps. Hey turn about is fair play hokieman. We learned from your kind how to beat the system. Enjoy it, I will.

< Message edited by Bigg~BirddVA -- 1/27/2008 11:19:47 AM >

PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM OAK MOUNTAIN FRITO
TEAM WIPEOUT SCOOTER D

[color=BLACK]TEAM ALL GRAND TRACKMAN
TEAM ROCK BOTTOM SWEAT IT

CURT AHRING STUD BARN CENTRAL
5162 County Rd #233
Monroe City, MO 63456
*** NEW NUMBER ***
CELL- 217-617-0792

FOR REFFERENCE ON TRACKMAN & SWEAT IT
CALL BUZZ LYNCH @ 615-368-7319

Nite-Time Hunting & Pet Supply
James, Benga, J.D. & Isabella Atwell
3875 North Scenic Hwy.
Bastian Va, 24314
1-276-688-3281
1-304-922-1103
1-304-922-2311

VISIT :
http://www.nitetimesupply.com

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

The session is almost half over. Next week is cross over when the House of Delegates takes up Senate passed bills and the Senate takes up those bills passed by the House. The fun begins again!

The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance has continued to work against a long list of bad “Animal Rights Bills”.
a number have been killed, but are still a number to be defeated. We have taken positions on all bills that effect hunting, but because of the large number of bills this year have left the “Gun Bills” to the NRA and Virginia Civilian Defense League. We will get involved when our friends say they need our help!

A complete list of Bills that the Alliance is following and our positions are on the web site http://vahda.org. The Board of Directors in Accordance with the By-laws has approved these positions.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:47 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hunters express support for hounds
They attend hearing in King William to protect their pastime

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 - 12:25 AM

By LAWRENCE LATANE III
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
KING WILLIAM -- Deer hunters unleashed their support for hounds, and residents took another bite at the pros and cons of motocross racing at a packed public hearing last night.

The crowd numbered in the hundreds and overflowed from the meeting room into the hallways of the King William County administration building.

Deer hunters backed the Board of Supervisors' unanimous resolution in support of hunting with dogs.

The county is the 11th to endorse the pastime, which advocates say is under pressure as suburban development spreads into rural outposts such as King William.

"We need to pass this thing to stay the same so we can continue to do what we've always done," said Mike Turner, one of the legion of hunters wearing blaze orange hats and canvas field coats.

The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries launched a study late last fall that is examining hunters' use of hounds in the pursuit of white-tailed deer.

The study has fanned fears that the state may be looking for support to outlaw deer hunting with dogs, but Rich Busch, assistant director of the department's wildlife division, disagrees. "We want to find a way to have hound hunting continue into the foreseeable future," he said in an interview. He did not attend the King William meeting.

Residents also continued the furor for the second monthly meeting in a controversy about motocross motorcycle racing.

Developers tabled a proposal for a 327-acre motocross park in January before it reached the Planning Commission after critics overwhelmed an informal presentation of the plan.

At the time, the proposal called for four tracks and a campground about 5 miles west of Central Garage off state Route 30. The developers say they intend to return with a more palatable proposal, but they have not filed anything yet.

Last night, advocates of a track traded places on the podium with opponents who, so far, have dominated the debate.

"We go motocrossing every weekend," Eli Hopkins told the supervisors. "It's the number one family-oriented sport there is."

But Margo El, who lives near the proposed track site, said she fears racing will destroy her peace and quiet. "I'm used to listening to the birds, the crickets," she said.
Contact Lawrence Latané III at (804) 333-3461 or llatane@timesdispatch.com.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thanks hokieman. I really appreciate the work you're doing for hound hunters in Ol Virginny. I love these updates on the forum.

Timber Chopper Boomer(rip) and Hard Headed Hana

my pretty little Hana Banana : )

http://myspace.com/johndeere855

Profile  WWW