CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:06 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

So by your logic hunting is like rooster fighting because "some people like it"??? Are you serious? So pit fighting dogs should be ok then? Just because some people like it? If that is how you think then bear baiting from the middle ages was ok. That's where a chained muzzled bear was allowed to be attacked by a pack of dogs for fun. It didn't matter that the bear didn't have much of a chance. Plenty of people liked it. If that's how you reason then the sports enabled by slavery should be brought back. Lots of people, heck half the country thought that was ok. How about gang rape? The participants think it is great sport.

How is shooting an animal with a gun not sporting compared to a pit fight? The game animal can hide, blend in with its surroundings, outsmart the hunter, run away, or attack - it has choices and a chance to get away. A pit rooster has no options.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:40 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

It is a fact that you can not get all the groups together.......for me it is sad to say. As in the posts by the people on here you can see that we are a me 1st people. Why should they get involved if it doesnt effect them.

If any bill comes down to hurt any animal sport I would vote no,but most are not like me. And that is where animal rights people are better than us.
THEY DONT FIGHT among themselves...they want all animals free ...to the point they want no PETS and no hunting. Every law they get is alittle closer to getting what they want.
So please call me a meanie or a jackass but you are just helping the animals rights people when you wont surport or vote against law s dealing with animals and our rights to use them.

Want a good example?? the NRA they want EVERY GUN law voted down, how many of you all are members?

Gator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

You can't just agree to support everything that comes along just because somebody insists it is related to hunting so we should stick together. That is utterly ridiculous. You have to decide where to draw the line. Otherwise you are saying we should stick together and support poachers and slob hunters too. They call themselves hunters. What they do is hunting-related. Some of them even use dogs. Sorry, I won't support them either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:04 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wonder if the ##*%* fighting came under attack and led to banning in majority of the states because folks were putting razor blades on the cocks.

Yea that's a real sport...........kinda like watching 2 dogs fight and kill each other.

I have to say is that there are some asinine people out there that want to compare ##*%* fighting and dog fighting to hunting. There is nothing in common with ##*%* fighting and hunting. They are not even in the same league.

What ##*%* fighting with those razor blades and dog fighting has done is cause nothing but adding fuel to the ANTI's fight in hunting.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:02 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hey Buck....... I am not for dog fighting I am for chicken fighting could talk for hours in the time and care put into them comparedto the chickens we eat and the ones that lay eggs for us. Large chicken producer have more chickens die on them in a month then all the chicken that are fought in a year. I worked the hurricane around Laruel Miss and they have a Semi truck that went around twice a week to all the farm just to pick up the deads form 3 or 4 days.

But enough about that.........I wished i remember the year think it was 98 that is Missouri was passing a law about chicken fighting and hid in the bill was a part to make it illegal to use minnows for bait. thats more my oint then if we all like rooster fights or not it that they stick together and try with all there might to get laws passed in there favor.
Wished we all could stick together like that cause one day we are going to need one another to help stop some law

Ask Washington state or Oragan cat hunters and bear hunters bet they wish they had there right to run dogs back

Gator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:56 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i think dog fighting is wrong but i support rooster fighting 100 percent those roosters have fighting bred in them just like coon dogs have treeing bred in them........... dogs DONT have fighting bred in them you got to make them..... but one thing yal otta think about though is once they make it a felony to fight roosters in every state then the only thing they got to come after is hunting

Post subject: comparisons
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:08 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

While coon hunting the dog or dogs tree the coon, then the coon is shot out or knocked out. If he is not dead he has to fight the dogs, they kill him. Does the coon have a chance or an alternative to fighting the dogs, other than just laying there and letting them kill him. The sport is the same, just different animals. It doesnt matter, It is my right to hunt or fight chickens and this is about voting it illegal or legal. Man makes laws and un makes them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:16 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

A few months ago I asked everyone to help with the animal fighting law. You read the law and said that you didnt see how it was going to affect hound hunting. Well, listen up this time, if we dont do something, after the HSUS gets done with the Fox hunters they will be to the coonhunters. That is what I was talking about. Be a student of history, look at what they have done in the past and apply it to the future. A person or (group) will not give up a behavior that works. They hire firms to go into states and change the publics opinion. How long will coon hunting last when they put pictures of a bunch of foaming at the mouth coondawgs tearing a kitten coon to shreads all over the internet and TV. Our downfall will come in the form off a state refrendum. After they get their signatures then money does the rest. Cockfighting is illegal becasue a few people made it that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:31 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

The supporters of this bill are succesfully using the wording in this bill to ban hoghunting with dogs in several states... Will it be coonhunting next??

You may believe that cocokfighting is horrible with the blades and paraphenalia but when it comes to the animal rights nuts , they see no difference in that and coonhunters using a pack of 70 pound hounds to chase a coon up a tree and then us shoot it out. Dont be surprised if you see some of the pics on this website of dogs stretching a coon in some anit hound hunting legislation in the near future.

Bottom line is, if you support ANY form of banning of animal sports then you are just getting the snowball bigger as it comes for your chjose animal hunitng activity.

Some people cant see past the end of their nose.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: HSUS agenda
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:32 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I hate to let this blog die out. The HSUS agenda will ultimately affect every hunting sport that is in the united states. The group is smart enough not to come and and try to get them all at once. They started with fur and will work their way around until every aspect of animal use will be government regulated and eventually put to a stop.
Everyone needs to decide what side of the fence they are on, and all of the people that are standing on the fence saying it is alright for dogs train dogs to fight animals if they cant climb a tree will find themselves knitting for a hobby.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:51 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Trying to get hunters to support pit fighting as a whole just is not going to happen. It does not have anything to do with hunting and in reality, instead of predicting the end of hunting because of this division I think it will go the other way. The reason is that many, many people in this country support hunting. Many other people have not made up their minds whether to support hunting or not. If you show the undecided people a rooster fight and give them information about it then say hunters are all for it then you may as well count them as brand new antihunters. If you show them hunting photos and statistics (habitat conservation, food use, healthier wildlife, etc.) they will not have as strong a reaction against it as they will have against anything to do with pit fighting and many will realize that good hunters strive to minimize an animal's pain and suffering. Presenting just legal hunting to the undecided public will win over a lot more of them than linking it to pit fighting.