CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New anti hunting movie
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:38 pm 
IP:
CULVER CITY, CA—Sony, Imax, Orbitz and Columbia Pictures are just some of the big names involved in the production and promotion of a new anti-hunting animated film for children. The film is set to be released to theaters across the country on September 29—6 days after this year’s National Hunting and Fishing Day.
The U.S. Sportsman’s Alliance says the new children’s movie “Open Season,” pits wildlife against hunters, who it says are clearly depicted as “heartless, ruthless idiots” throughout the film. To view the movie trailer or to see a list of the movie’s promotional sponsors, visit

www.sonypictures.com/movies/openseason.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:55 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Are you surprised??? I'm not. These are the same people who equate Grizzly bears with Winnie the Pooh and Cougars with tigger , never once mentioning that "winnie" can and will eat a human and reguarly dines of Salmon or that "TIgger" will run down the biggest deer and eat it.

After a while they start to believe their own BS.

Member NRA Business Alliance
NRA Benefactor Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:57 am 
IP:
I am not surprised either. From the previews on TV you would not know what it was about anti hunting. I would hate for someone to take their kids to see it and it turn out to be that kind of junk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:30 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Unfortunately, that is now their Modus operandi, bluetick. They present previews to make it look like one thing but really it is about something totally different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:11 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

bluetick1982 wrote:
The U.S. Sportsman’s Alliance says the new children’s movie “Open Season,” pits wildlife against hunters, who it says are clearly depicted as “heartless, ruthless idiots” throughout the film.

I'm just trying to play Devil's Advocate.

How does this movie differ from the old Warner Brothers cartoons where Bugs Bunny would go toe to toe with Elmer Fudd? How many times did Bugs win the day by tricking Fudd into shooting himself? Elmer Fudd was portrayed as a "ruthless idiot" in almost every cartoon that he appeared in.

I realize that there are a lot of anti hunting groups out there that are trying to take away our rights, but why does everything have to be a conspiracy involving the dreaded Anti's? Why can't a cute little movie about animals be just what it is? Kids like cartoons with talking animals, so that's what the studios produce so that they can make a fortune by selling merchandice related to the movie.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that sometimes we look to deep into things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:40 am 
IP:
Mike Slomka wrote:
bluetick1982 wrote:
The U.S. Sportsman’s Alliance says the new children’s movie “Open Season,” pits wildlife against hunters, who it says are clearly depicted as “heartless, ruthless idiots” throughout the film.

I'm just trying to play Devil's Advocate.

How does this movie differ from the old Warner Brothers cartoons where Bugs Bunny would go toe to toe with Elmer Fudd? How many times did Bugs win the day by tricking Fudd into shooting himself? Elmer Fudd was portrayed as a "ruthless idiot" in almost every cartoon that he appeared in.

I realize that there are a lot of anti hunting groups out there that are trying to take away our rights, but why does everything have to be a conspiracy involving the dreaded Anti's? Why can't a cute little movie about animals be just what it is? Kids like cartoons with talking animals, so that's what the studios produce so that they can make a fortune by selling merchandice related to the movie.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that sometimes we look to deep into things.

i completely agree! thats the problem with today everyone reads into things way to deep! just the other day i read an article written about how WRONG the movie "grease " is and how awful movies like "16 candles and the breakfast club " are .. its really sad people can't just watch a movie for what it is and not read to far into it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:33 am 
IP:
What I posted was exactly what was on the U.S. Sportsman's Alliance website. I did not say, write, type or have anything to do with what the USSA posted on their site. It is clearly anti hunting and that is not hard to see. All of the sponsers of the stupid cartoon are anti hunting. So is Sony. As far as Warner Brothers, the rabbit never was hurt because they are on the list of anti hunting supporters along with Disney.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:21 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Do you have proof that Sony, Warner Brothers, Disney, and all the other sponsors are anti-hunting? Do you have a list of anti-hunting groups that they donate money too? I will be the first to admi that many Disney films push conservation anf living in harmony with nature, but Disney also owns Touchstone Pictures, MGM, and many other production and distribution companies.

These are Multi-billion dollar companies that try to appeal to the broadest possible group of customers. Hunting is close to, if not THE number one outdoor activity in this country. These companies are not out to alienate tens of millions of possible customers. They may make movies that have the animals winning out over stupid humans, but that is because silly animals sell movie tickets and plush toys while intelligent, serious people don't sell movie tickets, dvd's, coloring books, etc. Disney makes kids movies, and kids movies don't have killing and serious gun play in them. Kids movies should be whimsical and fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey, if they want to tell the younger generation not to hunt, I dont mind. That means better hunting, with more catch for the rest of us. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:02 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Almase if they tell the younger generations not to hunt then what is going to happen when we are gone? The over run of animals with diseases not to mention all the other things that will happen that comes after it like GUN CONTROL where you will not have one.

Any way I could not get the link above to work so I went and found an updated one

http://www.sonypictures.com/kidszone/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yeah, you got a point there...Damn liberals