CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 pm 
IP:
Got this Email in form Corky Meyer asking all houndsman & Women to Email these folks at the top of the attachment and say NO to WM-51-04

Hope this cut works and you all can read it and send your Emails in to help them fight the antis working in the DNR

Send emails to:

Scott.Hassett@dnr.state.wi.us[/email] amy.arthur@dnr.state.wi.us [email]hauget@dnr.state.wi.us

Secretary Scott Hassett Members of the Natural Resources Board
Department of Natural Resources Department of Natural Resources
Box 7921 Box 7921
Madison, WI 53707-7921 Madison, WI 53707-7921

Dear Mr. Secretary:

I am writing in opposition to the proposed rules package WM-51-04.

I strongly object to the idea that the DNR staff puts more weight to a form email sent from around the country than the input from elected delegates, leaders of the conservation hunting community and the representative's of the user groups.

The idea that a public hearing on important issue can be swayed by as few as 57 emails seems hard to believe, and that these 57 emails had no recommendations as to substance change. That these emails can carry more weight than the input from those that took the time and expense to attend a public hearing just does not make sense. That the weight of these 57 can carry more weight than the input from elected delegates of the Wisconsin Conservation Congress and State wide organizations seems to lead one to believe that there is some stacking of the deck. Those of us from the user groups pay to support game management. I feel that millions of dollars put into game management through hunting and fishing license dollars and the millions put into local economy's should carry some weight in decision making over the lack of same from 57 emails.

Yes, I know that this is another "form email" and I willingly sign on to illustrate the point that if this is what it takes, the sportsmen and women will rise to the task. We support our organizations and delegates to make the tasks of law and rule making a more concise job, but I am unwilling to agree with those that discount that effort.

The following is a list of requests for change to the rules package mentioned:

1. Prohibition on the use of Roll cages
Roll cages are used across the nation as a training tool. They are designed to protect the animal within and without. They do not allow the dog to make full contact with the target species. I would request that all mention of a prohibition on the use of roll cages be eliminated from the proposed rule.

3. 16 versus 12 hours of training time every 24 hours-----
There is no need to have hour restrictions on training in large acreage facilities. If there are ample places of refuge for the rabbit, fox or coyote, they control the chase, and will seek the places of refuge when they are needed.

4. More than one species in the enclosure
There are enclosures across the nation that are run without this prohibition and do not have problems.

5. Bobbing the coyote's tail
This is commonly done again across the nation and is done to protect the coyotes. It has been done here in Wisconsin and can be shown by coyotes as old as 12yrs that it is not a problem

6. Needing an 18 year old to be at the site
A youth at age 12 is allowed to hunt and at 14 would be allowed to hunt without any adult supervision. This is a counter productive effort to the recruitment of new hunters.

7. 20 acres within a 1/4 mile
If a person is permitted to have a facility then there should be no need to have this distance requirement at all providing that the operator also has a facility of at least 75 acres. Land may not be available within a 1/4 mile.

8. Fencing requirements in the rule exceed those that are standardly accepted across the nation and have proved to work well over time. These nationally accepted standards should be allowed.

I would further request that you add my name to those petitioning these changes to the rules package WM-51-04. I would also request that after these changes are made that this package again be sent out to the public for hearings. I would also ask you to understand that those that represent us at these hearings are supported by their respective memberships and reflect the opinions of all those members, not just an individual.

Thank you for your consideration

Name
Address

Join the forum today and remove this ad!