CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yup, willie dang sure does support them.

some of my dogs are on chains and some are not , they all seem to be just as happy to me......

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you all have to rember what PETA stands for that is PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS /

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Apparently these singers have never had to chase a hunting hound that has goten loose. I wonder If they would let me bring my walker over to there mansion for a visit. I brought him in once for about 2 minutes. all they can think about is all that territory to mark and whats in the trash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

THEY SAY WHAT US HUNTERS DO IS CRUEL-WELL MY FAMILY LOST OUR FARM AND HAD TO MOVE TO TOWN BUT I WASNT GETTIN RID OF MY DOGS- SO NOW THE COUNTY IS TRYIN TO PASS A LAW THAT ANY DOG TRAINED IN A HUNTIN OR AGRESSIVE WAY HAS TO BE IN A COMPLETELY BOXED IN PEN-BUT TO THEM THATS HUMANE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:39 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

entertainers, they are all the same. it doesn't make any difference if it a clown, singer or a stripper, they don't know anymore than any other joe shmo on the street. we just listen to them more. i say, turn the radio off and all of them will die on the vine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i have seen pictures and watched that animal cops show anyone on here would get mad at how those dogs get treated. its sad but how most i cant say all but most hound hunters treat there dog is almost better then the everyday house dog look how much attention our dogs get look how much money we spend on them. i am almost willing to say that hound hunters spend more time with there dogs then the regular joe blow family out there does. it sucks that these old ladies have turned to this but all peta has to do is show them some pictures maybe a video and bame they think all dogs chained up are like that and there not. ol willie neslon has let me down and i dont listen to him any more. there still are some country singers out there that sing about chasin hounds and what not. those are the guys i listen to. peta does have alot of money and thats why they get away with what they do they have money to educate the public about there views if us hunters had that much imagine what we could get done with advertising and showing the public the real side of things. there needs to be a organazation that supports all types of hunting and is nation wide that will help any state with there problems, i now like american hunters ##*%*. does but i would like to see them help out the houndsmen alittle more then they do, if there is one out there i am unaware of it. maybe someone on here nows and can fill me in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:11 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i don't know what percentage of hound hunters treat their dogs as well as i treat my dogs. i visited a well known breeder of curs and was shocked to see how much feces was piled under the puppy pens. the pens were about four feet offthe ground and the droppings were almost touching the floor of the pen. i've seen other peoples' kennels and could tell they weren't doing any better. a couple of years ago i was hunting and got lost. i found myself on a deer hunting preserve. there were two kennels of hounds and several tithered. in one case a tethered dog had walked so much dirt away from the dog house that it caused the house to fall into a pit. the dog then dug a den in the side of the pit to get into. the hounds were skin and bones. i considered calling the shereff but decided not to. as bad as it is, i prefer the law t stay out of it. when the law gets involved, they make it bad for everyone. there ought to be a happy medium but it doesn't seem to happen that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

do the antis just not get it, we keep them penned and chained for their own protection, if i knew my dogs would stay out of the road and off other peoples property then they would have their way, if they stay in the house they are still confined so what is the difference...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Make sure you get on the forum to sign the petition to end PETA's tax exempt status.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:04 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I think that celebrities, entertainers should keep their nose outta other peoples business I mean really what does it have to do with them? It's not gonna change me was some left-wing idiots are tellin' me I'll tell you that right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:26 pm 
IP:
i spend more time with my "poor miserable cold puppy that is on a chain" than i do with my lazy waste of dog food that lives inside. havent these idiots heard of straw and a dog house. as soon as they build me a kenel ill take em off the chain but until then they will be on the chain or out hunting. people these days i tell you what. what the he** is peta gonna do about it come get my perfectly happy healthy dog and take it to be put down because they cant find a home for a dog that already had a damn home that will be the day!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This suprises me with Dollyas she grew up in the mountains of sevier county and was friends with Cass Walker and several others who were hunters. If anyone ever gets the chance ask her about her brother and his roosters.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

As you all may have read I am new to coon hunting but i hunted walkers and beagles for serval years deer hunting. As I read the post it reminded me of all the trouble our hunting club went through with still hunters. Pretty much what im trying to say is that it doesnt matter how well you keep up your hounds, they always seem to look over us and target all the ones who mistreat and neglect their dogs and it stinks. I am one of the few counties in Alabama that still allows dog hunting, but sadly its getting smaller every year thanks to a lot of the people on the board over our county. Many are still hunters and want to get rid of dog hunting. If it werent for the Alabama Dog Hunters Association, dog hunting probably would have died out a long time ago. Why cant people let us enjoy our hound hunting?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

PETA People Euthanizing Thousands of Animals.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

chain dog this chain dog that all dogs on chains are abused blah blah blah. i'd rather my dog be on a 10ft chain, that's 314 square foot of room, than the nicest 5x10 kennel, that's 50sqft, in the world. Go on and tell me my dogs are neglected. lol.

here's a study proving that dogs are just as well off if not better on a chain than in a pen.
http://www.endangeredbreedsassociation. ... hering.pdf