CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:08 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Today I had to work on the road in front of the Richmond Co Humain Society for about 1hr it was around 11 am temp. outside was about 96deg. I kept hearing a dog barking near the building and I could never see it. Well as a dog lover and hunter I looked a little closer to see if I could tell what breed dog it was " it had a houndy sound" Finally I located the dog and to my supprise the Humain society here has thes little holding pens out front much like a after hrs. drop they are stainless steal looking kennels about the size of a large breed carrying create much like the ones inside the building, but this one was right out front in direct sunlight. Now it was 96 outside so that steal box right in the sunlight must have been well over 100 inside. The dog was in it for over an hr. and I never seen anyone check on it and from the road in front, about 40yrds or so away. I did not see any water for it. This had to be a misseriable thing for the dog to have to bear. It made me angry because these are the same people that are tring to stop us from hunting and say that hunters dont take good care of their dogs. I know a ton of hunter and compaired to this mine and their dogs live like Kings. Well PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH I left to go to another Job at around noon and he was still barking right next to the door. I regret not recording or taking pics to show this and if it would not have been for work I would have just got him out annd took him home, The dog was a Beagle. I hope he got out that little metal prison and got some water and shade soon but I urge everyone if you see these things take pics and videos and expose these people for the sorry lazy people they really are. I just had to get that off my chest thanks for reading GOD Bless

PR Dixon's Mattie
http://www.dixonskennels.webs.com

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Your local human socity is not the same as the group that is trying to stop hunting. HSUS is the ones doing that and they do not have anything to do with your local one. Right now HSUS is pushing SB 460 Bill in north Carolina and if it passes hound hunting will be a thing of the past.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well from my understanding and the banners in the Humaine society here they are all linked in one way or the other. I do know the one here is ran by a bunch of anti's andthey are in full support of the HSUS they are proudly posting banners supporting the HSUS and PETA so I dont know about where your from but hear I know what we deal with...

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If it is ran by ANTI'S I would have let the dog out and let it go, it would have been safer than staying with them.
There are alot of not so good facts about HSUS at www.humanwatch.org they are keeping track and exposing those crooks.
Here in western NC we are not having to deal much with the anti's much but I know it is comming.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:22 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I would have got it out and took it home if I had not been at work and letting it out well it is right beside a major 4lane highway so that wouldnt have been good. But thanks for you input I do appriceate it.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am the founder of RobDar's HoundSong Rescue...
the relationship between your local humane and the HSUS is a loose one.

The HSUS is a political animal rights organization much like PETA and has little or nothing to do with your local humane society. A small small small portion of HSUS funding may dribble down to your local humane society, but typically the ONLY support local humanes get from the HSUS is on pamphlets, paperwork, and proganda.
This does not however mean that your local Humane Society will not support the HSUS, their agenda, their policies....because some do quite feverishly. These are typically private humane organizations.

Humane Societies come in many different "flavors".
There are animal welfare minded humane organizations.
There are animal rights minded humane organizations.
( and trust me there are some BIG differences there)

Some Humane Societies are County Humane Societies.
Some are privately managed but County supervised.
Some are entirely private.

What you have in your area kind of just depends. We work with alot of different shelters from all across the Midwest and local Humane Societies are as individual as the people running them. In fact who runs them can COMPLETELY change how they do things.
...but while they may support the HSUS and PETA, that relationship is RARELY reciprocal. They may support the agenda, but the HSUS and PETA very rarely gives them any support in any way shape or form.
( unless of course giving that support gets them on the evening news, then they are all over it).

You really need to deal with Humane Societies on a case to case basis. What is true of one may not be true of another...and how one is run does not mean that the one the next town over will be at all similar.

Profile  WWW