CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Fellas i just wanted to hear from some of yall about any issues in other areas about different county and states tryn to end hound hunting. Here there has been a big push on the deer hunting with hounds but im afraid that all hound hunting will end up in the same boat. Im not knocking our local deer hunting clubs just about all of them are respectful but there is always a couple that ruin it for everybody. I just dont understand how the could compare us coon hunters to the deer hunters all of our hunting is done on foot and at night wich doesnt affect anybody other than the rare occasion our hounds tree in someones back yard.. And you have the rabbit and squirrel hunters wich also the hunting is done on foot. Its just unfair to put all of us hound hunters in the same boat when there is only a very minute number of disrespectful hunters..

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

pretty lucky here in pa. deer hunting with dogs is illegal but everything else is allowed i do believe. plus the unlimited bag number of muskrats, coons, and coyotes is pretty nice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I hope if it comes down to banning that the small game hunters will be left alone.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:34 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I myself dont see how banning would help anything but make things worse, us hunters control the numbers of all animal populations. If hunting was BANNED could you imagine the number of deer/vehicle collisions an how much they would increase along with all the vehicle damage from smaller animals , ppl have lossed there lifes. If hunting was BANNED all animals would be outa control, the ppl that have the bambi syndrom need to realize the outcome of what would happen, look at all the diseases that are starting to happen due to over populations already. I feel like if it did come to all hunting being BANNED then we would hear about these so-called anti hunters wanting to ban, complaining animals were getting in the trash or tearing up things. I think it is ultimately important all animals are kept in controled numbers and kept under control I truly think the world would have alot more issues if they were not.

[img]

CH GRNITECH 'PR' B & D'S BLUE SPIKE

GRNITECH 'PR" FLYING BLUE RUBY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Here in missouri hunting deer with hounds is not happening. We get to hunt about every thing other than deer with dogs. My dad told me when i was young that you cant run deer with dogs here cuz there is not that many here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:51 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

people i going to say this one more time IF WE DONT BANNED TOGETHER THEY ARE GOING TO STOP ALL HUNTING just like they did ##*%* fighting people said they couldnt stop cockfighting but they have the MONEY to do any damn thing they want to

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:12 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

In Bull Shoals Ark. they were so many deer that they were in the streets and every thing,F&G set up bow hunting in town to kill off part of them, city council [all Yankees ] voted no deer hunting in town that stopped it, so the Insurance in that town doubled every body's car Insurance, boy did that vote that change back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Well this county has banned running deer with dogs which I am ok with. If I wanna go, the county next to us is still doing it. They arent messing with the small game this year although they are saying by next year you will have to buy a 600$ permit, must have min of 500 acres of land and tracking collars on all the dogs. Theyre after the money. There is a lot of hunters that do not have that much land leased. I hunt behind my house, and a few neighbors houses.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:44 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

NC Sporting Dog Association, Inc.
PO Box 430
Oriental, NC 28571
Office (252) 249-1097
Fax (252) 249-3275
www.ncsportingdog.org
Joe’s mobile (252) 671-1585
Henri’s mobile (252) 671-1559

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:00 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

justin.seaborn wrote:
Well this county has banned running deer with dogs which I am ok with. If I wanna go, the county next to us is still doing it. They arent messing with the small game this year although they are saying by next year you will have to buy a 600$ permit, must have min of 500 acres of land and tracking collars on all the dogs. Theyre after the money. There is a lot of hunters that do not have that much land leased. I hunt behind my house, and a few neighbors houses.

i dont think they are going to take it that far but if they do we will be ready

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well I live in Louisiana and we only have about twenty days of deer dog season,not worth feedn dogs all year but I guess u take what u can get.We need to stand strong and stop letting these people take over, we the houndsman don't do anything to stop it. We need to unite,get our $&$& together once and for all.All these animal activist ,they dont mind it when they go o Wendy's to get burger and they say to biggie size it,what about those poor little cattle their killing so they feed their fat little cheeks,oh but that ok that's them.It sickens me when all we try to do is enjoy ourselves and some idiot has to go out of their miserable way to make our life a living hell.they get no excitement from us trying to have a little fun, they would rather here about someone getting killed,raped or a child being abused.Do u ever hear these people exhausting their energy on a murderer,I haven't . Instead their worried about all these animals ,that u see getting hit by automobiles because their over populated. It's called population control people get. LIFE please.