CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Stop bark muzzle
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:06 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I'm running out of ideas for my young hound. He is a very dedicated kennel barker and I am running out of things to try. Right now he is at a friend of mine's house until I get a privacy fence built around the kennel to prevent him from barking at people walking by on the street. I do live in town. That is why this is such a problem. Second offence violation of the noise ordinance in town is a bigger fine than the last one I received.

He is about one year old and is starting good for me in the woods but his kennel manner is less than appealing. I have tried a couple of differant bark collars but he just doesn't get it. He will take the pain eventually, and keep on barking. I have tried scolding him when he starts to bark and he will quit for a while but he starts again once the coast is clear.

My question is has anyone tried a muzzle to help curb this annoying habit? I see one listed in the Bill Boatman catalog and thought for $8.00 why not give it a try. If I would try and use a muzzle during the day, when I am at work, how careful would I have to be especially in the warmer months ahead? If I can't get him under controll, I will have to get rid of him,which is too bad, because he is a nice young prospect.

Thanks, Budmandan

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:08 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i dont know if this will work for you, but one of my dogs is somewhat of a barker and i just keep the yard hose by the door and squirt him with it. it has worked pretty good for me, atleast when im home lol!

OAKS POINT KENNELS
JOE CULLER

HOME OF:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE
'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

walkersbeauandbelle wrote:
i dont know if this will work for you, but one of my dogs is somewhat of a barker and i just keep the yard hose by the door and squirt him with it. it has worked pretty good for me, atleast when im home lol!

i have heard of ppl doing this to dogs and it HAS worked for them
i dried it with a blue heeeler he just tried to bite the water-he figured it was a game "he's not real bright"

MEL MALONE
TO HECK WITH SAVING SOME FOR SEED...THATS MOTHER NATURES JOB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've tried giving him the hose treatment. He just hides in his dog house until I'm gone then starts up again.

Has anyone tried a stop bark muzzle?

Thanks, Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:26 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

STOP BARK MUZZLES ARE GOOD WHEN YOUR WORKING WITH HIM... OR CAN SEE HIM ONLY... IF YOU LEAVE A DOG FOR HOURS WITH A MUZZLE ON THEY WILL CLAW THEIR EYES OUT ! AND YOU WILL END UP WITH A BIGGER VET BILL THAN A NEIGHBOR COMPLAINING TO THE LAW AND TAKING A CHANCE AT A TICKET....I'D GET THE NO BARK COLLAR IF YOU HAVE TO GET THE NO BARK COLLAR WITH SPRAY ALSO

Post subject: Re: Stop bark muzzle
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:19 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i use muzzles on the dogs that i leave at the house when i go hunting. they work pretty good for me but they don't keep the dog completely quite if he really wants to bark he can get out some type of little noise but not to much.

Post subject: barking dog
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:53 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you need to do more than just scold him let him know you mean it. also bark collars and muzzels just mask the problem us a shock collar. you will be suprised at the out come!

Post subject: muzzle?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I got a muzzle for my pup and I'm not sure if it'll ruin him in the woods when he's running something..

Post subject: Re: muzzle?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

katelynspence wrote:
I got a muzzle for my pup and I'm not sure if it'll ruin him in the woods when he's running something..

Even a switch works in the yard while you are home. I'll ask my buddy who works at srp and is a genius at electronics. He made up a relay from the cheap nobark collars which is triggered by a dogs bark but doesn't have much power to signal the tritronics trash breaker. Set on high he swear it will "curl their toenails" . Even a dumb or hardheaded dog can't stand but so much before they begin to catch on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My dog is soo hardheaded

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use the muzzle when he goes outside in the morning or really late at night.. my neighbors love to complain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:21 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

katelynspence wrote:
I use the muzzle when he goes outside in the morning or really late at night.. my neighbors love to complain

1molatenite wrote:
katelynspence wrote:

Even a switch works in the yard while you are home. I'll ask my buddy who works at srp and is a genius at electronics. He made up a relay from the cheap nobark collars which is triggered by a dogs bark but doesn't have much power to signal the tritronics trash breaker. Set on high he swear it will "curl their toenails" . Even a dumb or hardheaded dog can't stand but so much before they begin to catch on.
i" not sure wich one of us said what> LOL , but is he dooing better yet? I am the mostest and bestest yet coondog trainer I have ever seen in my whole dang life, Problem is, I don't get in a rush. You're pproblem is you got to get in a rush on acount of your elected county administrators . Or else the doo gooders are going to come and confiscate your dog this week. You don't have childern to raise do you? Watch out for them next week then. They'll teach you a thing or two about the powers bestowed under the new Constitution World Order that we have neither had the opportuntity to read nor remark on.. It's called PUBLIC NOTICE ahole Government employees . It is required that a proposed government action is posted in the local news papers. Not a guy wanting to build a dock to a creek where he can trace his blood realitives landholdings back to the so called Kings GRant".

LOL I thought we beat the hell out of that King's a s way back Yonder > Possibly I am confused LOL.Musta bin a politcal negotiation thing then. LOL Where ya'll kind of Met in the middle kind of a thing after all the bloodshed fighting for this Country. So you Beaureucrats can have it one way or the other way but NOT BOTH ways. Do I STILL OWN HILTON HEAD iSLAND AND DUFFUSKIE Under the Kings grant OR I DON"T?

Last edited by 1molatenite on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:35 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

:D my mama use to take a switch to me when i talked back to her,it might work on a dog to.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:50 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

skeets wrote:
:D my mama use to take a switch to me when i talked back to her,it might work on a dog to.

LOL Old Hiliary Clinton must have bin trying to make some politcal points when she wrote a book titt led, I takes a Village to Raise a Child. I am here to tell you, If I had been cought skrewing up as a kid I might have got a switching from anybody in this little village since most likely we were related like Aunt Leucile who was not blood kin but was my Sunday school teacher. She packed a mean cane and sho did like that pootal of hers . But all that only went so far, you let my daddy catch you ain't from here giving me so much as a crosseyed look and see what would happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:39 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

sounds like my daddy.when i got licking at school,i got one twice as bad when i got home lol.what does hilliary know anyhow,her and brother bill has told so many tells i wouldnt trust them as far as i could throw em.my wife flew in from florida this evening and she came home mad as a wet hen,the prez. was in town today and they wouldnt let her plane land until airforce1 was in the air leaveing.i told her,oh i forgot to warn ya about that one.lol