CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:30 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I HAVE USED THIS METHED ON SEVERAL DOGS I START WHEN THEY ARE AROUND 3 MONTHS I RUN THE ELETRIC WIRE AT ABOUT 7FT OFF GROUND THEN HANG THE GLAND USING A WIRE TO ABOUT 2TO3FT OFF GROUND. HAD A COUPLE THAT WOULD RUN TO IT AFTER SHOCK WOULD STAND BACK AND BAY IT THEN I PUT COLLAR ON IF THEY DO THATGIVE IT A BUZZ . HAS WORKED EVERY TIME. LIKE STOPING A PROBLEM BE FOR IT GETS STARTED

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have a 17 mon old that will run and tree a coon with other dogs but will run a deer to and im try to get her off deer had her out last nite found a field with deer time i got turned around and got back to the field they where gone turned her out she opened 3 time lit her up with the e-collar about the hot wire deal how hot does it need to be all the help would help

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

id say that gland trick would work. but......... also it may mess a dog up teaching him not to use his nose. like it would be better if you made a scent trail with the gland then act like it treed the tie it to hot wire

Home of:

Nitech 'PR' Buck Creek Dan

GRCH 'PR' Sweet Tea Southern Suzi

RIP -- 'PR' Buck Creek Friendly 1-29-14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have been looking all over for john wicks book and can't find them. I would be greatly appreciated if someone was willing to sell me there book
or tell me were i can find it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

would deer pee on a rag work with this method?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:22 pm 
IP:
rednecker,
Go to ebay, you can find a ton there. Just remember there are two types, the first printings which cost a lot of money and then later editions which you can get for pretty cheap. So when you see one selling for $100 don't think that's how much you actually have to pay!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:55 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

showmecoon wrote:
i would not do this to a pup and probably not to any dog. i agree more with the guy who said take em to a field full of deer and shock em if they run the deer, but i wouldnt do that either. take those young dogs where there is lots of coon, there will be deer there,too. if they run a deer, then you have a problem to correct. i have raised pups to be finished dogs that never ran a deer in their life. some of em actually are natural coondogs like they're supposed to be. hunt your dog first, see what problems he has, then correct. also, it is fact,(i have discussed this with a microbioligist)that you can not buy anything, or harvest a part from an animal, that will smell exactly like that animal live on the hoof. the second an animal expires, or urines or glands are harvested, decompisition begins, altering the scent. i know breaking scents can work, though, i have used them with mixed results. all i am saying is, dont trash break until there is trash to break off of, and break while that offense is happening.

I'm no John Wick, because I'm not smart enough to write a book.But I agree with this statement.I've been hunting along time as well and I learned from the old guys.Not every dog are the same and you can not break them alike.A old man told me,you have to be smarter than the dog.You can't find the answers in a book!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

do you have to put a gland on it or can it be just deer skin?