CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Yeah I know what u mean ... Its hard to be patient with him cause he leaves the country so fast but I will work on him soon as I get me a shocker ... That's something I been needing since I have gone back to the walker dogs Lol thanks for the look bud

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:48 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

smoke i wouldnt get rid of that dog if he will tree you coons,sometimes it takes several attuide adjustments before the dog decides he would be better off listening to you.ive had dogs that was trashy as all get out but would trees the fire out of coons,i just gave them a little hickory t and the finally saw the light.lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:06 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I've had 4 diff people tell me the same thing .. Guess I will just have to soften my heart up Lol ... But I do love this little dog when he desides to tree coons .. He can make it look easy that's why I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out why he just all of a sudden desides he is wanting to run trash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

smoke that dog is liable to make you a coon dog,if he was mine i would hang on to that dog just be patient with him,hes just like us he aint perfect lol.i really have no ideal why he wants to run trash unless there may not be many coons.its hard to train young dogs in thin coons,but when you got a dog that can tree coons there youll have a coon dog.some of the trashiest dogs i ever had were coon treeing machines,i think they were so gamey they just wanted to catch anything they come across.i just had to stay on their rearends when they ran junk and petted them up good when they treed a coon,i had to be more stubborn then the dog.it took a while usually but i think they became better then the avg.dog. that dog might make you proud someday if youll hunt the hair off him and stay on him when he runs trash but i wouldnt give up on him yet.coon hunting aint for sissys for sure,its got to be in your blood i reckon lol. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:30 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Haha I hear u there sure ain't ... OK I will work with him I turned a coon out last night gave it a good head start he caught it on the ground 700 yards away . then turned him out he ran 500 yards away and slammed one .. It could be the spot I am hunting ...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:20 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

just keep hunting him hard i bet he will make you a good one.its hard to train a dog in thin coons i know,but once you got a coon dog there youll have a coon dog anywhere you take him/ :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:19 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Like I said early avoid that spot for awhile....try some new areas, pups run stuff because they just want to run stuff.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

think about this if it was a female yote and she was in heat your dog will probly be chasing her tail. that wont make him a bad dog. just a horn dog. he dont know its wrong just got got the scent and ran with it. i may be wrong but yotes will breed with with dogs. i use to hunt my female when she was in heat alone. seemed like i heard more yotes in the woods when i did

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:22 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yotes do breed with dogs and its breeding season for them.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:07 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well I have hunted him a few times since my last post . he has treed me a few more coons but he has also ran something else but I have been taking him alone so he won't run it very far he just is falling off on a coon Lol its almost like he is running two different coons

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Could b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i got a bluetick that will blister a coons tale. he is 90 plus pounds. and i have seen him jump deer, bobcats, yotes. never chase them far. then come back to track then tree a coon. i have never corrected him for it cause he comes back to track pretty quick. i think he does it out of protection for me. makes him feel big. so i let him. of i competition hunted him i probly would correct him

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:44 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

If he is treeing coon pretty consistently I would, take him out spotting and drop him on some deer. Walk him in the direction of where you seen the deer if he starts to wind them and heading where they we went, zap him with the ecollar. Take him home and let him sleep on it. Do the same thing the next night, when he shows no interest, go back to hunting him in the woods. Coyotes are a little tougher,you will need to leave the dog in the box, and call one in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:19 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I never thought about calling one in . ha .... Thanks for that .. Soon as I get me a shocker I will definitely be giving that one a try

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

He should naturally forget about them though if he is going to make a coondog. I would just avoid that spot for awhile.