CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Aggressive Puppy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a 4 month old redbone female and when she shes strangers in the yard or pull up in my driveway she will start barking with my other dog that will bark at strangers. I am going to put her in the pen with another dog because I am afraid she is gonna pick up bad habits from the other dog. Do yall consider that to be aggressive? She is friendly with other dogs. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Aggressive Puppy?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I wouldn't consider it aggressive it's more protective. I prefer to have dogs like that around the house makes people think alittle more before they wanna mess with something. Most of my dogs bark when someone pulls up even the small dogs in the house. As long as there n it trying to bite who ever pulls up I wouldn't be to concerned with the barking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

pierson181 wrote:
I have a 4 month old redbone female and when she shes strangers in the yard or pull up in my driveway she will start barking with my other dog that will bark at strangers. I am going to put her in the pen with another dog because I am afraid she is gonna pick up bad habits from the other dog. Do yall consider that to be aggressive? She is friendly with other dogs. Any advice on what I should do? Thanks!

4 month old puppy is expected to be monkey see, monkey do. You did not say much about the "other"dog. Is it a guardtype of dog? Is it a ankle biter type of crap that thinks it has some bigdog back up? I have got bit by a german sheppard while I was walking on a sidewalk coming from school to catch a ride. The reason I got bit is because that little frt dog yipped and ran his mouth and got the sheppard in a clamor to bite me. Too bad for the sheppard> I was passing a car with the windows down and there was a three cell flashlight on the seat . When I got bit I reached in and got that three cell and busted it all to pieces between that shepards ears. There was also a Dixie Dumpster right near so about in one motion from bit to dead in the dumpster. I doubt I ever broke stride and kept on walking.
This might be a good lesson to teach your kids when they get old enough to hang out at jook joints. Tell them to be on guard for the sawed off punk running his mouth. To Heck with John Wayne's chivolous behavior before he wore out the crowd. I was not as bad as John Wayne. I liable to have got my butt kicked if I had took the first blow. Just look at the sawed of rabble rouser, fair warning, like he better shut his mouth and shut it now. If he don't , Don't hesitate one instant , knock his fool mouth off that bar stool to where they got to scrape the rest off the wall. I have never had a problem with a regular man that could not be worked out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I see ole molatenite is hitting the sauce again.

The pup is following the lead of the other dog probably. It probably looks at the other dog as a pack leader. You need to establish your self as the pack leader and communicate to the pup as to what is to be expected. I would do this by the use of a slip lead, and have a neighbor come by. When the begins to bark, give a quick tug on lead, and tell the pup no. Repeat until the problem is solved, and the pup knows how to act. You could also implement a bark limiter, but I don't think they are as effective due to the fact that it is less of a hands on approach.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:45 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Maximus13 wrote:
I see ole molatenite is hitting the sauce again.
Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

You do? Self proclaimed dog whisperer?? You call out my name, Now let me hear some other than FEELGOOD pie in the SKY advise . Write a whole Tale about your Insights LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:16 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I would not put her with another dog.That can cause problems down the road. With the 2 dogs...I like to separate pups as soon as possible after 6 weeks old..Just about all dogs will bark like that. I want my dogs to bark if a stranger comes in my yard..About the only way to break them is have them so they can see anything...They will still bark at times from sounds they hear..Theres all kinds of ways to break them but they will never be 100% broke from barking.I let young pups bark when I feed them it helps develop there mouth. I wait to feed them last until they chop real good if possible....LOL..

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

My dogs don't even poke their heads out of the barrel if a stranger comes down the road. But they start blowin their horns as soon as I turn off the hi way. They wait on me like kids do, they know their getting out to get on the zip lines.(dogs not the kids)