CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: E collars & humping
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

sorry. i'd forgotten this was on here. got an e collar & broke him in slow & all is well. helped with a couple other issues too. we did nueter tho. he's an inside pet ( wife's doins' ) now & besides the humping he stared marking in the house. he is absolutely housebroken but started marking so he got his nads wacked. he's turned into one of the best dogs i've ever owned.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:15 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Maximus13 wrote:
The other thing is he may have lymes, if he does this will greatly deplete his drive and stamina, if he ever gets a limp, or coat looks dull and are having trouble keeping weight. I would get him tested.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Its not a stamina issue its a concentration issue. once he mounts the bushes itas over! lol

I have one that does have Lyme but wasnt aware that dull coat was a indicator. thanks for the tip!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I would not put up with that long while your at home put a E- collar on him trund off leave it on him 24-7 just snug wont take about 8 to 10 days thise way he is not collar wise then trun on low and go up just enough to find the setting that just gets his attention. would not give him any more juice than it takes just to get his mind off his humping. I have in the past broke several dogs thise way and when older were still aggressive breeders. Would do thise at home so it would not interfear with his hunting but when when in the woods I wood still have it on him incase I needed it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:31 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Biggerjigger wrote:
Maximus13 wrote:
The other thing is he may have lymes, if he does this will greatly deplete his drive and stamina, if he ever gets a limp, or coat looks dull and are having trouble keeping weight. I would get him tested.

Its not a stamina issue its a concentration issue. once he mounts the bushes itas over! lol

I have one that does have Lyme but wasnt aware that dull coat was a indicator. thanks for the tip!

I don't think a dull coat is a signs of lymes but just a sign that something is completely right. The last dog that I had get lymes those were all the things I noticed with him.

I guess some it would depend on your location I'm in the northeast where lymes is prevalent, so I tend to test, more often then not.