CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: want opinions on this
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im by no means the best dog person in the world an hope i dont make anyone mad.ive noticed alot of times on here alot of people complain about what they have bought. I have also noticed alot of dogs being sold that are 2 an older lightly started or hasnt treed by there self mostly on curs wich is what i hunt an they are selling them cheap an will tell u its lack of hunting or they dont have time but are wanting to trade the dog for another that just tells me there is somthin not right with the dog or they would keep it them selves.ive also seen this 1000 in the woods or 700 off the chain it takes that much time an gas again somthin is not good about the dog.I love too hunt an im sure everyone else does too an u guys know it takes alot of time an effort an alot of hunting to make a dog or pup what u want of him people think that a dog should be the best on one night or 2 nights a week an expect them to turn out great an wait until they are 20 months old an the dog is almost too far along too really do anything with an thats how come there is so many dogs for sale an being traded an u dont know what your getting til its too late.Maybe they are some good dogs sold cheap i dont know but guys be honest an truthful about your hound or cur dont pawn it off on some kid or someone wanting to get into hunting if u dont like the dog or isnt getting it done like u want do u think anyone else wants that problem.Sometimes u will see people saling a dog an says another guy said this is what its doing take time too take an see for your self that way u can say an know what its really doing.you hear of people getting on here an saying someone did wrong when u just buy a dog because it was cheap without trying the dog no matter if its a 100 dollar dog or 2000 try the dog out dont worry bout references because buddies can say anything watch what u buy an u will not be stuck with anyone elses problems an that will also keep alot of dogs from being traded around.Papers are great when they have good bloodlines but that doesnt make the dog u do take the time too hunt your dog an put the miles on them before u let them get to much age on them when its too late an be honest about your dogs if they have faults tell them so there will be no suprise too the buyer an no hard feelings toward anyone an most the time the faults can be fixed so be honest. Everyone have a great christmas an happy hunting thanks for reading an would like opinions on this hope this helps an doesnt make anyone mad.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:28 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I am with you, you also see Bitch for sale never been in the wood good brood bitch. who would want a pup from that.when they are bred best to best you have a good chance.I bet half of the dogs on here should been culled,but they just keep on breeding that junk.and if it is register and has won one cast they ask 2000. dollars for a coon dog ,get a good lion and bear dog under thousand, under tree.I bet 85% of thse dogs are not worth going after,now some times a man has a good dog and his health fails and he sells his .but if you have a good dog he won't be for sell.I have though about this a lot in the last 4 or 5 years I have been on Coondawgs,and some should sell their dog and go buy some books learn how spell.enough venting.

Frog

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lol thats right buddy at least im not the only one who thinks this thanks for the reply

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:39 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i got riped off one time in my life buying a dog, i was mad as all get out with that guy cause he flat lied to me, but ive never said a word to him cause he will have to answer for lieing not me. ive never understood how people could love money so much that they will lie on purpose, iam as far from perfect as anybody but if i lied to some poor boy to make money i wouldnt be able to forgive myself. if you can, try the dogs several times before buying it, you really cant find out to much about the dog in one night. i like getting a pup bout 6 months old and go from there, really and truely there aint many people knows enough bout dogs to train em like they should be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thats right skeet honesty is what it takes an it shouldnt be about money it should be about the love of the sport an the love for your hounds

Post subject: want opinions on this
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well in my opinion you can't just go take anybody's word on a dog and buy it. Alot of people go to a dog trader expecting to get a champion and I will tell you first it doesn't happen that way. Sure I've bought dogs that didn't turn out the way they was suppose to be and traded em off to a dog trader but and this is a big but if you buy a dog from a dog trader you are buying what you see most of the time and if you don't believe that your gonna be disappointed. This game hasnt changed in many many years. There is honest people and not honest people but if you want a good hound it will cost you. I think where most people mess up is that they are wanting a dog so bad that they buy the first one that comes available in there price range and then when it's not what they want they get mad. Since I've rambled on so much basically all I'm trying to say is if you want a good dog don't make yourself available to get taken just sit back and listen to people talk and you can find a good dog. I'm not taken up for either side here but yeah it's bad for a person to get took but at the same time they kinda ask for it sometimes( not all the time) the way they go about buying dogs. So buying and selling dogs is the same as it's been for years and years. Not trying to ruffle feathers one way or another but that's just how it is in my honest opinion.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PR Caydens coontime cyclone(Redbone)
Ann(You are gone but not forgotten. R.I.P. ol girl)
Ruby(R.I.P.)
Tango(Grade Bluetick)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

for the most part people do sell junk dogs cause they dont perform. But in some cases you have people selling dogs like mine which i want 1500 for and has two 1st place wins without circle point, just because i bought him to help me train a pup, and now that the pup is started and has a Big "W" under his belt im getting rid of the older dog.

i guess its the circumstances of "why" the person is selling it. i know a guy selling a trackman dog for 1000 just because it doesnt come back to him even when he shocks it.