CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: i need some advice!!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:27 am 
IP:
so i got a year and half old blue tick male the second time i took him out he was tracking and not so long ater that i had him treeing, i run him with a grand night and a night champion dogs of a good friend of mine and he was doing really great this winter but all the sudden about a month ago he has just started hunting worse than a pup he will split from the pack never treeing up he is not acting right used to be excited to get out but i about have to drag him out of his pen now i had to take him to the vet yesterday due to he had a syste the size of a soft ball under his jaw that just showed up that is healing and i have noticed he is starting to act a little more like himself gettin excited when he see's me now do you think that could have been affecting his hunting?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: i need some advice!!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:49 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I think he's to the point where u need to let him find himself hunt him alone to get his conference up

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

taylorswalker wrote:
I think he's to the point where u need to let him find himself hunt him alone to get his conference up

Very Good advice!Don't give up on him!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:46 pm 
IP:
well i took him out right after i posted this and we had 3 dogs and he was tracking with them treeing with them then on the 3rd tree he split and sounded like he was out in the middle of a pasture i was so man then i herd him bayed up so we caught teh other two dogs walked them down the creek abotu 200 yards let them go in no time they caught onto his turns the coon bailed from the tree and the other dogs hung up but he tracked it and treed it out on a lone tree in the middle of the pasture i was so happy then a couple nights later took him out alone treed 2 coon took him out the next night fell out of a tree and broke some ribs so now i am letting him heal but i hope when he gets healed up he will stay hunting good

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Yea he should be fine sumtimes when ur dog hunts like ##*%* a couple week lay up will male em remember what there sappose to do. My male always runs pretty good but if he gets laid up for a couple days that dog won't leave a coon on the gound he'll hunt all night without any problems. So ur dog should be fine might even help him out a lil