CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: same old story new book
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i need some help . i bought me a female red bone love the breed and its a fav of mine but hear lately i been getting dogs that somebody has done something to and . they dont do just like i like so i sell them and look for the golden dog .... here it is i bought this gyp from a guy i knew she would slay coons do real good then he finaly desides to sell him to me and i go out with a bunch of buddys and like 7 dogs and lil molly figures she will just go out about 100 yards or so and fart around , then the other dogs fell tree and she wouldent do any thing with it is she ruined or what and another thing is if i breed her and want a pup what all do i need to do to register the pups yeah im steal green please dont post hateful remarks thanks jeremy oh yeah im keeping this one cause ive saw what she is able to do , and she was just a one owner dog do you think this might have anything to do with it my best hunting buddy is the biggest reason i get rid of my hounds i listened to him and got rid of my best cause i listened to the 'you got smoked again with these walkers' lol

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

And your already talking about breeding this dog??????????

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:24 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

if your dog has to please others for you to like it,you will never have one you like.
i could not even imagine turning a dog loose with 7 other dogs.
let her get used to you and hunting with you alone. then see what you got.
never breed any dog , any breed color, just because its a female.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have hunted this dog before alot she does good with the man that brought her up !!! i said that all ready and i love red bones i said that already too !!! and i also said i was wanting help with wat to do no smart butts . lol read the whole thing before you try to go making me look bad i just wanted to know if she was ruined or if i could just use her for a brood gyp ! buck shot you being the top dog on this website you would think you would try to help not say smart things lol sorry but im looking for pointers not to try and make me look like a fool you can delete me or this post but if i did your job and knew what you knew i would help a fellow hunter out thank you jeremy :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

aint anybody trying to make you look bad or make fun of you.
i'll try and explain what i said so its not so blunt.
1) makes a big differance if you have seen her go alone before and do it the way you want a dog to,or if you seen her go with one or two of his other dogs when you went with the owner.
but lets say she did it all alone with just you and the owner and her in the woods.
then the only differance in what you saw with the other guy is he aint there for her to feel at ease..
she has to get use to YOU and hunting with YOU for her to act the SAME as she did with the man that raised her. and it being a female makes it even more so.
the best way to do it is just you and her alone. NOT with a bunch of strangers with a bunch of strange dogs.
but now,if you saw her before with another of his dogs then its a whole differant story on what SHE is..seen many many dogs young and old that look good with another dog,especially a dog they are use to,then find it aint the same dog you saw when you turn it alone or with a strange dog.
2) as far as breeding. NO, if you decide she aint a coondog herself, for what ever reason,then the odds are she is only gonna reproduce pups that aint gonna be coondogs either.
3) your dog only has to please you. you feed it,you go to the tree and bring it back.if you like the dog thats all that matters.even the best of the best can get smoked on any given night.
the only time it will matter if others are impressed with her is when your sitting there with 10 puppies off a female that can't tree a coon and trying to get someone else sparked up about raising and trying to train one.
it dont matter what big time stud dog they are out of.
*when you read posts,remember when your sitting there reading, it may sound alot more blunt to read then it would be sitting and talking to a man face to face.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

tncoonhunt1222 wrote:
i have hunted this dog before alot she does good with the man that brought her up !!! i said that all ready and i love red bones i said that already too !!! and i also said i was wanting help with wat to do no smart butts . lol read the whole thing before you try to go making me look bad i just wanted to know if she was ruined or if i could just use her for a brood gyp ! buck shot you being the top dog on this website you would think you would try to help not say smart things lol sorry but im looking for pointers not to try and make me look like a fool you can delete me or this post but if i did your job and knew what you knew i would help a fellow hunter out thank you jeremy :mrgreen:
YOU HAVE WHAT I CALL ONE OF THE BEST DOG TRAINERS IN THE USA TRYING TO HELP YOU OUT. SO I WOULD NOT GET MR. TOE CUTTER PISSED OFF. JMO BUT SEEMS TO ME THE SMART BUTT IS COMING FROM YOUR END.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:48 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

tncoonhunt1222, I am afraid my question was an honest question.

When your posting talking about a dog farting around and asking if she is ruined cause she will not do anything AND in the same instance, asking about breeding her, that is why I asked the question of "And your already talking about breeding this dog??????????".

I'll add this, if your not looking for pointers, then why did you even bother posting the thread asking questions?

Make you look like a fool ????--- I asked you a question in regards to a post YOU posted.

Message Board 101 -- when you ask people for their opinion, expect to receive opinions whether good or bad.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i was not talking about toe cutters reply my friend he knows that !! i dont mind anyways im young and still learning and im not smart im serious and when you get stupid remarks like AND YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BREEDING HER !! that aggervates a younger guy like me , an yeah i just want help cause im trying to learn , some must not have read it right or i might have got in a big hurry , i just wanted to know if my dog would ever get use to hunting with me cause she is 5 years old coming from a one owner dog that i have seen many many ring tails knocked out on wether just me and ej or a cast of dogs , she changed since she came to my house i dont know if she misses him or what she dont eat much and mopes around ! im not saying she is a grnitch or nothing but i love the dog then and still do thats why i want a pup from her ! i am looking for pointers i just know what a pointer is haha you cant say what you said was a pointer can ya ? sorry that i am making no since to you but seriously sounds like a pretty good question to me

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:07 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nope, I read it right and no I wasn't in hurry.

Did I not read: here it is i bought this gyp from a guy i knew she would slay coons do real good then he finaly desides to sell him to me and i go out with a bunch of buddys and like 7 dogs and lil molly figures she will just go out about 100 yards or so and fart around , then the other dogs fell tree and she wouldent do any thing with it is she ruined or what and another thing is if i breed her and want a pup what all do i need to do to register the pups

Asking if the dog was ruined cause she farted around and wouldn't do anything, yet asking about registering pups if you breed her?

I swore that is what I read and thus my question.

Your the one calling my question "stupid remarks" and "make me look like a fool" -- yet it was YOUR post I was asking the question to.

Since you never answered my question about breeding, I wasn't able to give you a pointer.

Here's a pointer for you..............using a a female dog as brood bitch because you want a puppy from a dog your asking if is ruined is not helping the bloodlines one bit...........It's those breeders who breed any female to "get a puppy cause I love the dog" as you put it or "make $$$" is what is polluting the bloodlines....Those breeding culls instead of removing from the breeding pool is what is hurting the bloodlines. Just cause a female can be bred doesn't mean it's worthy of breeding.

Here is another pointer for you since you said I didn't give you any pointers -- IF YOU HAVE TO ASK IF A DOG IS RUINED -- THEN YOU REALLY HAVE NO BUSINESS BREEDING.

You need to learn to crawl before you walk.

Can't say I didn't give you any pointers now, huh?

Quote:
i need some help . i bought me a female red bone love the breed and its a fav of mine but hear lately i been getting dogs that somebody has done something to and . they dont do just like i like so i sell them and look for the golden dog

Sounds like you are buying folks culls and reselling the culls to others. The gift that keeps on giving and another problem in this sport.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:20 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Interesting, the dog Molly you love so much that you want a pup out of is listed in the Redbones section for sale.

Quote:
got a 5 year old red bone pretty little hound for trade or sale , preformance bred outta some good dogs ! grnitech hollow creek axle ch hollow creek susie grnitech fire ball 3 grasshopper nitch yellow river squabitch grnitech cedarfork valley wood pecker and many more like to get me a good started walker dog or would sell her for 600 $ holler at me on here

Quote:
she is a hard slobber dog chops every breath . mid range dog all around she does come in heat offten witch leads me on to i think i might wanna keep her unless i get a very good deal i would like to try raising some pups out of her if i could find me a good male dog !! im newer to coon hunting ive been alot but never really had time for my own till now so i wanna just like everybody , one little mess up and i wanna trade or find something new , i guess in the real world u want a dog that is just going to get in there and do it every single turn out you are going to pay a pretty penny and then once you spend it somebody pulls the sheets over your eyes again i think ill just keep her and try to make a good dog , never had to or tryed to train one i just get somebody elses mistakes i got a real good one here i think lol thanks for the look bud

she is a hard slobber dog chops every breath . mid range dog all around, unless she is farting around not doing anything and not treeing???????????

Now looking for a stud in same ad

Quote:
now im looking for a good stud dog that is cheap or just wants first pick if anybody close is out there let me know thanks

Just as this thread title states - Same old story new book.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah i was telling you in the post i cant make myself happy with any dog i get and have gotten rid of some that just messed up the least little bit , your right im wrong i should not be doing that but i would sell her so i could get me a young walker dog , because i did not know if a 5 year old female was too old to break i guess i was also wrong for getting on here asking for simple questions like that cause the tread does not read traing tips and hunting discussions does it ? looking for a simple answer like SHE SHOULD COME AROUND TO YOU AND YOU CAN GET A LITTER REGISTRATION FOR AT UKC.COM , thanks toe cutter thats all i was needing right there and if you cant see now she is not for sale

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:08 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Sometimes one owner dogs take some time to get used to a new owner.Some never do..Also some dogs will look great when hunted with another dog they were trained with.But wont with other dogs..Hunt her alone and see how good she is.Thats really the only way to really know a dog well...It takes on average 3-4 nights a week for a month or two to really know what you have...On breeding a dog..You should never breed any dog just to get a pup to hunt..Its MUCH cheaper just to buy a well bred pup than to raise a litter and cant get rid of them..As rule on breeding a female.I never do unless I have several guys wanting pups out of them..That really tells me they are worth breeding...

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah she is coming back around to her old self now the whole not eating deal made me worry a little , but she treed twiced night befor last and we saw one coon she was by her self so i just jumped the gun thanks for the tips

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:31 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I always hunt my dogs alone unless we are at a comp or hunting with my buddies I wanna know what my dog is doing and tune him up to my likings then when he does run with other dogs he makes himself look that much better cuz he's doesn't have his head up sum other dogs ##*%*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

yeah im finding that out now with her !! i got me a pup now too and im going to try and train him ill have to look on here for tips and tricks might not turn out to good for my first but ill give it my all . that would be something to me to train my own