CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: bulbs...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have a Bright Eyes Blaster 10+ volt light and 5100 style head. blew the highside of a bulb when i bumped it while i was shinning.. got 2 bulbs left, but always like to have a couple more, and want to order a diamond reflector and blue glass lens to see if i cant get it just a little brighter...just a littttle brighter and i wont have a problem with any tree...

im not a full time coon hunter...just 3/4 full time for the time being :wink: so i didnt go all out on the light as of yet. be a good backup light later down the line...

anyone have bulb recomendations?? longest lasting? brightest?? id like one with a dim high side and real bright high side...i dont know what bulbs i have now, but they are pretty bright on the low side..i dont need it for walking and would like dimmer for the initial shinning...i just dont know what the numbers on the bulbs mean...

i know out of the 3 bulbs i have, 1 has different numbers and letters on it than the other 2...(they are at home i cant check what they are till tomarrow..)

also will the diamond reflector and blue glass make a difference?? i heard that they do...

thanx

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

found out that the bulb it has now is 6V64 the other bulb has a no letters...just numbers. cant remember the numbers though.

should i just stick with that 6V64 or is there other bulbs that can work?? a brighter high side would be great..i dont need it much brighter...but just a bit would make my day. just seems to need a litttttle more reach for some of my taller trees. hoping maybe the reflector and blue glass lens will be the perfect fix...

Post subject: bulbs for Blaster
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:20 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

:) I used one of those little lights for almost all one season, I experimented and I like the 10564 6volt bulb the best. It should have come with a 6.9 or 7.2 volt bulb. The 10564 was the brightest without having problems blowing them, if you go any less voltage they'll blow! Use the reostat . Hope this helps.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:03 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

kenny the bright eyes i bought from you still works like its new

thanks

home of Owens'
PKC CH Woodstock Dot
Funky Freckles (Freck)(the project dog)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:11 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

:wink: I'm glad to hear that, Nick. They've sure been good to me!!!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thanx kenny! that actually is the 1 odd bulb i have with the numbers on it that i couldnt remember. my other 2 i have at the 6v64 bulbs....really cant tell the difference...

i use the rheostat...wish it went dimmer sometimes...initial shining i like a realllll dim light..i can usually pick up an eye that way...alot of our coon are light shy...guess i never did try my red lenses for anything other than predator hunting...

i really love that little light...its dang near every bit as bright as my buddies sunburst spotlights. for the price, i dont think it can be beat...size, weight, warranty, burn time, brightness and everything are just top notch....

would getting a handheld spotlight give me more brightness over the high side of the bulb or no?? if so, what would be the right one to order? all i see is 12 or 21 volt i think....i got the 2 holes to accept the prong of a spotlight...really dont think i need one...honestly im being pety lol...you know how bright it is and really i dont hardly ever wish i had anything brighter...just oncccce in a blue moon...usually a huge tree that i have to get a good distance away from is where i wish it was a bit brighter or i had a spotlight. like at a hunt a couple weeks ago my buddies sunburst spotlight seemed to hold a tighter spot farther away...

going to try the diamond reflector and blue glass lens when i make another order into somewhere....i hear they do make lights brighter and give it a better spot...

thanx for the info

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

:) When you get ready to try them I've got both. 1-800-584-5490

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:30 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

kenny, i see your from mankato, im from belleville. havent seen anybody else on here in our area.

Post subject: Give me a call Plottman
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:09 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

:D Give me a call and come over and we'll spin a few yarns!! 1-800-584-5490 or 785-545-6378 I didn't know anyone in Belleville had hounds. Are you going to Diller Ne. this weekend? :?:

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:00 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

kenny i sent you a pm

Post subject: lights
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:40 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth