CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

diamonds good altho i'd like to feed black gold but no one seems to carry it any more around here

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Bob "Hoss" wrote:
bluetickMOcooner wrote:
a friend of mine fed a high energy feed for a week to his english dog and that dog treed anything that had fur on it especially possums.after he switched its hasnt treed any off game yet.

I don't know if a diffrence in feed would make a dog not tree trash...

he was feeding non high energy feed and when he started feeding it it got him all hyped up so he started treeing off game. he is a straight coon dog also.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:36 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i've pretty much always bought diamond in fact just bought 6 bags of diamond hi energy today. the dogs dont eat much and stay about the same condition on it. ive fed pro pack which has higher protein and fat. they seemed to like more so they eat more but still stay the same weight. sticking with diamond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:36 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

DIAMOND IS A SOLID FEED FOR THE PRICE. I PREFER PRO PLAN AND FEED THE PREFORMANCE IN THE WINTER AND SLOWLY CHANGE THEM OVER TO DIAMOND 24-20 IN THE SUMMER.

LIFE LONG MEMBER OF THE PIGEON MOUNTAIN CLAN !!!!YOUNG GUN KENNELS. HOME OF SOON TO BE WORLD FAMOUS { PAYROLLS LITTLE RIVER HARD KNOCKING STYLISH PAYDAY } !!!! IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM .I SAID IT DONT SOUND LIKE MUCH BUT ITS WHERE I AM FROM, WHERE THERES A COUNTY FAIR EVERY FALL UR FRIENDS ARE THERE WHEN YOU CALL !!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i feed retriver but my hunting buddy feeds dimond im inpresed with it its a good winter feed it keeps the waght on his dog and we could never do that befor i would feed it but im a 15 yaer old kid and have 3 dogs to feed and its a bout 5 to 6 dollers more then retriver but im starting to feed it alittel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am feeding the Diamond All Natural food. I used to feed Purina, but I was looking for more of an all natural food and I found this. the only other all natural was Call of the Wild and its $45 for a 30lb bag. The all natural has no corn, no wheat, and no soy. Works for me. My dog has a nice soft, shiny coat. I have not noticed a big energy difference, but have noticed muscle mass. I only have to feed about 1.5 cups for her to stay in good shape. I get my food for $26-28 for 40lbs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just started feeding the all natural extreme athlete my buddy feeds it his dog was hard to keep weight on but she looks good on this. she just had 13 pups and still holding it good .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I use the hi energy and man i love it. My 5 year old english is hunting like a 3 year old. I will swear by it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:37 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We have fed Diamond for over 20 years. Did try another brand but went back to Diamond Hi Pro. We run bearhounds and Diamond is the best feed we ever had and wont ever try another brand ever.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have tried everything I could buy at the normal stores. Finally ran across diamond at TSC. It's the best feed I have come across. I feed the Hi energy and my dogs look great and hunt hard.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:22 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

DONT LIKE IT, DOGS STOOL LOOSE , NOT A GOOD FEED FOR ME HUNTING 7 NIGHTS A WEEK ANY HOW... I FEED MFA MADE HERE IN MO. BY MISSOURI FARMERS ##*%*.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I feed my dogs the Diamond Extreme Athlete 32% protein and 26% Fat very very good formula theres no corn no byproduct no ##*%* in it at all. Im an ex dog trainer and I tell ya I got a dog from a guy down south was a little on the thin side i like my dogs nice and fat lol. And I fed the extreme athlete the first week i had her she easily put on a GOOD 15lbs and fast and with the winters being cold in ohio its good to have that extra fat and protien content to help insulate the body also will bulk the dog up very nice and make them look like a true athlete.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I feed and also sell ( back into this trying to find a reasonable price good feed locally) Showtime feed. It is a good feed, but it is also milled relatively close by and I dont stock a whole lot at a time. I believe freshness counts for something. Also I have had it analyzed by a state approved lab and it turned out fine. Not knocking any brand but a lot more goes into advertising on some than goes into the feed.

just my .02

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i use diamond hi-enrgy the dogs love it and 1 of them is a pickey eater (she only like canned for and this) and it cheap $25 a 50 pound bag

Post subject: Diamond or Pro Plan?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:45 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I started feeding diamond pup feed about four day ago. He seems to like the feed but I think it upsets his stomach. Has anyone else had this problem with diamond dog food? Also does anyone feed purina pro plan? I'm thinking of switching to pro plan. Thanks