CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use a 5 gal bucket with a 1" pipe near the bottom and put corn in it, I sour it or i mix it with molasses they love it.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:03 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

o yeah they love that or some cheap sweet jucie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:58 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i dont follow this, can you post some pix of the 5 gallon bucket feeders and the tire feeders? thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:08 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i dont have no pics but will try to get you some just get a 5 gal bucket dril a hole at the bottom myself i done a 1/2 in hole get you a gav niple which is 1/2 also screw it on really makes nice feeder i got all my stuff at the home depot each feeder is about 4 dollars to make and they work good

Post subject: feeder buckets
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have some feeders out they are filled with dog food I also put peanut butter on them & grape coolade just wondering what some of you put on them to bring in the coon its cold up here and we have about 10" of snow on the ground but its hard packed so the coon can walk on it any ideas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:58 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i was told that u could take a jar of peanut butter, cut 1" whole in lid screw 2 tree said within 3 days the coons will b fighting over it.

RIP THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH A BOBCAT LIGHT If you want a good dependable light give Bob a call at 918-822-8888

They call me Chief not mess around 4 a reason :)... Ole Stone Mountains Billy Bob and Copper, Good as the Best and Better than the Rest. Names Stoney. wanna hunt give me a call or text @ 918-497-0269

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:14 am 
IP:
i use a $2 tsc bucket with a lid for a doller and drill holes in the side and fill with my atractint it works great just might want to stake down i had a coon climb on top of it and then roll it down a hill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Most of yall evidently have bear! I will try sour corn and see how that works for me. Our problems are two fold here in Florida. We cant put it on the ground for the hogs. Cant put it in the trees for the bear. Cant use plastic for the bear either. Maybe the bear wont like sour corn!. I just want to feed a little while till my pups get to going well.

Psiskjr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:06 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i like to use 1gallon milk jugs. fill with corn. half cup of sugar. 1 pack of koolaid. fill with water.top will blow off when corn is fully sour.alot easier to carry where your going.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i use the 5 gallon bucket method but I put 2 of them together i cut holes in the top of one bucket and holes in the bottom of the other bucket and screw them together then i screw the lid on the bottom bucket with sheet rock screws so it wont come off. then make a 1 inch hole about 1 inch from bottom and put a piece of pvc pipe in it then i hang up from the handle with a nail about 12inches off the ground. I also just dump the corn in the creek try to dump wear it wont wash down the creek.I walk down the creek dumping litle piles of corn out every 25 yards or so keeps the dogs guessing.i put dog food and koolaid in my buckets.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

we used the small plastic barrells cut a square out the end drilled holes and hung piece back to make swinging door lag the barrell on its side cut another 3 sided square leaving it so you can push in and poor corn. we put water with our corn soured it up and coons loved. kept them tied to treee or we put them up in trees

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I get a 5 gallon bucket an get a 2 inch spade bit an drill 1 an 1/4 inch from the botom of the bucket to the middle of my whole. The bottom of the inside that is. the ni get about an inch of 2 inch pipe put it in there and put 2 and a 1/4 couplers on each side and just put a lip on top of it. Also i will nail a peice of plywood of the ground and put it on a fallin log the is of the ground so a few coons can b there at 1 time an no deer or squirells

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Tie any size pvc pipe to the tree of ur choice, put a rock at the bottom to partially cover the hole, fill with corn to the very top of the pvc, and adjust the rock according to how much corn you want on the ground, works exceptionally well for me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have built me a feeder out of a 5 gal bucket as well. I just went and checked mine and the corn was good and soured, it had dried so added some more water. When I opened the lid of the bucket some of the corn was molded and there were a few ants in there. Will the ants and the mold hinder the coons from coming to my feeder?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ive heard coon like marshmallows. Would mini marshmallows work in a bucket feeder? I know they probably wouldn't in the summer time due to the heat melting them. but maybe the winter time? or mix it with dog food?