CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:21 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

recharged dc20 today and replaced batteries in astro. it seems the units are not communicating on the 5 second command. it will sometimes do 5 seconds and sometimes well over a minute. think i've got a fault somewhere.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:34 pm 
IP:
Ordered a replacement back plate today. Original lasted 3-5 2 hr hunts. The customer support said they had never replaced a plate before... only antenna's.

He also said he had no knowledge of a new collar coming out. I heard June. You would think they would have at least come up with a metal back plate by now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:36 pm 
IP:
How much did the replacement back plate + shipping cost you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:38 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

The plates crack all the time! Someone has aluminum machined replacement plates on ebay for 12 bucks plus shipping. when you put your unit on your collar with the factory plastic plate you gotta electrical tape the heck out of it or you might be looking for it on the ground somewhere. Paul Conway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:31 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

see it still has a few bugs but i cant wait till they work out.

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:43 am 
IP:
MTCoonHunter wrote:
How much did the replacement back plate + shipping cost you?

I bought one locally for maybe $9.99. The twqo coming from Garmin are free under warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:46 am 
IP:
Paul Conway wrote:
The plates crack all the time! Someone has aluminum machined replacement plates on ebay for 12 bucks plus shipping. when you put your unit on your collar with the factory plastic plate you gotta electrical tape the heck out of it or you might be looking for it on the ground somewhere. Paul Conway.

Mine cracked while installing it on a collar. It would appear that they planned it to be on a supper thin collar like the TriTronics Anti-Bark collar. Not that my regular collar was exceedingly thick but I don't screw it too tight on the collar now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:48 am 
IP:
plottchaser wrote:

No improved model has hit the retail shelves yet. Mine was bought this winter from Cabelas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:39 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Gunpowder wrote:
plottchaser wrote:

No improved model has hit the retail shelves yet. Mine was bought this winter from Cabelas.

i know but in years to come it have improved from its original design. i think it should have a collar that operates by satelite and a longer lasting battery

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:46 am 
IP:
Without being too long winded, here is a new idea for antennae problems.
If you cut open the rubber casing you'll find a wire coil inside. You can stretch that sucker out 12-15 inches. Unit sits below dogs neck. Wire can be heat-shrinked or what have you and brought up to point to the sky! My only question is: Are there any type of radiation dangers with the wire not being encased in the factory rubber. You know, all the warnings going around about radio and cell phone waves causing cancer or whatever. We've done this with one of our collars and it seems to work pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:23 am 
IP:
cityboy wrote:
Without being too long winded, here is a new idea for antennae problems.
If you cut open the rubber casing you'll find a wire coil inside. You can stretch that sucker out 12-15 inches. Unit sits below dogs neck. Wire can be heat-shrinked or what have you and brought up to point to the sky! My only question is: Are there any type of radiation dangers with the wire not being encased in the factory rubber. You know, all the warnings going around about radio and cell phone waves causing cancer or whatever. We've done this with one of our collars and it seems to work pretty good.

With radio waves I can't imagine that being a problem. I would have a caution on stretching the antenna... I was pulling my dog off a coon and accidently grabbed the antenna when I pulled. Stretched it out. After several more hunts it stopped transmitting properly, I began "losing" my dog frequently. I tried reinforcing it by putting a CD player antenna down the middle but wasn't able to fix it. That antenna is in the garbage now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone using or heard of someone using the new performance antenna buckshot posted? i ordered one just waiting for it... guess i should of asked this before i bought it, oh well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:05 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Redgy with Valley Creek is selling those style antannas and I saw where he posted that "THIS IS THE BEST WE HAVE FOUND BAR NONE!!!!"

Redgy is a staright shooter and has posted the pros and cons of the system even though it may cost him some sales.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

awesome... i figured garmin wouldn't come out with one anytime soon, they have to be makin a killin on replacement antennas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:20 pm 
IP:
Hey Buckshot not an add just thought I would show you my latest mod. Really the first one and this one really performs the same. You know me I just can't stop tinkering with these things.

Here is a pic on my antenna.

Here is a pic of the antenna on the collar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next