CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

that wouldnt be a problem with a five postion click switch belt light. The first click is plenty bright to walk through the woods with. You will probably never use that western rivers agin when you get your belt light.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:09 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I PLANED ON MAYBE SELLING IT, I ONLY WORE IT TWICE IN WOODS; ITS PRETTY MUCH BRAND NEW, IT WAS A GIFT.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I would keep it for a back up but I doubt you'll need it. I always hated selling a gift somebody gave me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yeah, well thanks for all the help; i really appreciate it. im going to call them tommorow.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I called today and talked to them, this is all the info I got from them:

They make belt lights in volts from 8 - 28.
21 Volts = $300
28 volts = $350

All have a four year warranty; 2 years full, and 2 years prorated.

They all have a walking light.
They all have automatic chargers with them.

The LED head is $50 more.

HAVE A 30 DAY GUARANTEE

CALL THEM VERY NICE PEOPLE;
1-800-757-4965 = SHOP
1-936-767-4965 = EVENINGS & WEEKENDS

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:29 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

BRANDON SOSACK wrote:
I recieved a 26 volt belt light from K-light. It has the new LED head. It is also equiped with LED walking light, flicker switch, and bulb saver technology. It came with a smart charger. Now this light is used but it was bought new in the end of October. It was originally a 425 light and I got it for 225 dollars. The new LED head is very awkward looking with a little bit of extra weight. But it is very bright and pierces through snow, rain, and fog better than halogen light does. I haven't personally done it yet but I have heard that if you run the battery pack dead the LED head will burn for several hours afterward to get you out of the woods. Plus it is great to get a coon to look. The bulb saver is a nice feature on the higher voltage lights. It is actually a micro processor built into the rheostat that limits the power to the bulb until it pre-warmed. It is actually weird to see it work cause you think the light is damaged or malfunctioning. You can take a cold bulb go out side in the freezing cold and turn the rheostat the whole way up then turn the head on to the high side and the bulb will first look like it is on the low side at a low setting. Then after a couple seconds it full brightness and I mean bright!!!!!!!!!!!! But if you know anything about high voltage lights this would not be possible without this switch. But it does prevent all bulb failures but it will definitlely make a difference. The LED walking light is also much brighter and longer burning than a traditional walking light. There is no push button or switch to turn this walking light on just turn the rheostat knob on and the LED illuminates. But if you turn the rheostat past about a 1/4 way the LED shuts off so you can use the head. I like this because I have killed my light more with the walking light than any other way. It is easy to push the button when cramming gear in a back seat or dog box. Then your light is dead when you go to use it.
Well I have not done extensive field testing on burn time but I will tell you this it burns as long and as bright as any other 4 amp beltlite on the market. Let's face it Kelley has supplied batteries and lights for almost if not everyone in the market. I if your lite maker says he uses E-source batteries guess what he got them from Mike Kelley. Make a few phone calls and do a little research and you will be amazed who is depending on Mike Kelley for coon light supplies. And you are not going to find anyone nicer to deal with. All the lights on the market will work and eventually die that is for certain. But in between initial purchase till death is what makes a great light. You will not be sorry for purchasing a K-Light and I highly recommend them to every one. But I would not be afraid to tell you to get a Grain valley lite, Valley creek, Pro-lite, or Moonshiner lite. I have not owned any of these brands directly before. But I have owned K-lights before. All four of these brands rely heavily on Mike Kelley. For starters he makes the battery packs for all of them. Secondly he makes Grain Valley and Valley creek completely along with warranty work.
And I am not afraid to tell you to try Bright Eyes, Blazer, Cajun, Sunburst, Bandit, or Coonbuster. I have owned them all at point in time or another. Bright Eyes, Blazer, Cajun, are my favorite of the above mentioned and would get them in a heart beat. The bottom line when buying a lite is it doesn't really matter who makes it. It comes down to price, features, craftsmanship, customer service, and warranty. Well I hope this article helps someone and I hope it stops all the generic light questions posted on the forum. Remember look at other threads before you start a new one. I am tired of seeing a locked thread then 5 posts below it the guy could have got the answers to his question.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:33 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Soon2BeCoonHuntinginOH wrote:
i have a western rivers 6 volt now; but my problem i worried about with a belt light is im always have my light on full blast, even walkin through woods.

then you dont want a belt light of anykind.....the burn time is much less of the box lites

i bought a 28 volt k-light at the world hunt and really like it so far

i can get about 2-3 good hunting trips on 1 charge

i used to be a die-hard bandit light person but this light has made me think otherwise...........your just not going to find anyone that is more eager to please you than the kelly's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just got my new 21 volt belt light today from K-light. Had some questions about the light and phoned down and they were great to help me. Tried it tonight and it is bright. Bought the spotlight, but it is going to be gathering dust.
Great company and great product.

Post subject: k light
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just bought a 28 volt very good light and hassle free when it come to the waranty

Post subject: Re: K- LIGHTS ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know this thread is a few years old, but I have a few questions about the K-lights compared to other belt lights.
A friend of mine bought a 21V Nite Lite belt light, and has had nothing but problems out of it. I talked to the owner of a supply store that sells the lights and he mentioned that the lights were having a lot of problems with the battery packs. They arent lasting but about 5-6 hrs on low and 1.5-2 on high. So my question is, how reliable are the K-lights belt lights, compared to the Nite Lite belts?

Post subject: Re: K- LIGHTS ?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

rascal06 wrote:
I know this thread is a few years old, but I have a few questions about the K-lights compared to other belt lights.
A friend of mine bought a 21V Nite Lite belt light, and has had nothing but problems out of it. I talked to the owner of a supply store that sells the lights and he mentioned that the lights were having a lot of problems with the battery packs. They arent lasting but about 5-6 hrs on low and 1.5-2 on high. So my question is, how reliable are the K-lights belt lights, compared to the Nite Lite belts?

I have a 21 volt klite with the spotlight attachment and I a usually get close to 8 hours of burn time on the low side and switchin to high side occasionally and burnin the spotlight at the tree. I will never own a light otther than a k lite ever. I love it i have 375 in mine with the spotlight and the belt and suspenders. If you dont ahve one get one. There is no reason to buy a 28 volt they blow bulbs to easy. I have only blown one bulb with the 21. Seriously this light is a great investment.