CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Belt light question
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:56 am 
IP:
Does anyone elses belt light switch box get hot? I got a new one Saturday and it got so hot that the plastic box got soft and you couldn't hold it. I took it back and traded it for a different light but it was the same brand and size and I hunted with it last night and it done the same thing and the head get hot enough that you can't hold it. The light is a 22volt Bandit. My buddies have used Bandit light with no problems at all but this is the first belt light any of us has bought. Has anyone ever seen this problem with any belt lights before?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:35 pm 
IP:
i have never seen that and i have owned two of them.. you leave your light on the whole hunt? i would call the company and ask them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:40 pm 
IP:
No, I usually don't even put my light on till the dogs tree unless I am on a nite hunt. If you turn the click switch wide open and turn the head on the high side it will get that hot in 4-6 minutes and the head will get so hot you can't hold it in about 8 minutes or so. I guess I will call and see what I need to do to get a different light from them. This is the second one I have got from them this weekend. I got one Friday at the St.Jude hunt and had to take it back and swap for another one Saturday and it done the same thing. I don't know what the problem is but I can't deal with a light getting hot enough to melt the plastic switch box and the smell of the plastic burning on my side little own the head getting so hot you can't touch it to turn it back on the low side. I have had the higher volt box lights and have never had a problem with anything getting hot besides the glass on the head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:35 pm 
IP:
you sure he didnt give you the same one back..lol... im sorry about your problem.. how much did you pay for it? i just bought a blazer 21 volt belt light and LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE It . it beats all other lights i think. you might want to think about switching brands if things prosist. i ordered mine from wicks and had it in one buisness day.
let me know how things end up for ya.. good luck

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:44 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

get a blazer and you wont be dissapointed.

call shane or mike for any of your lighting needs.

www.blazerlightandsupply.com

COPPERHEAD CREEK KENNELS

GRNITECH'CH'PR' SOGGY BOTTOM BEE BEE

DuaL GRAND STILLS STLYISH PANIC ATTACK

GRCH'NITECH'PR' YADKIN RIVER BLOSSOM

old sn was huntingwalkers09 for the information

Profile  WWW