Post subject: Garmin Astro DC50 review
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:55 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Double U Product Review—July 2013

For a Complete Review on the Garmin Astro DC50Collar Vist DuSupply.com

Garmin DC50 —the Latest in Tracking & Training Collars from Garmin
Garmin is well known to hunters and hound lovers around the world for the quality and features it builds into its dog tracking collars and its tracking and training systems. Its collar-mounted receivers and handhelds are famous for innovation and durability, and its training systems are based on 40-years of proven Tri-tronics technology to assure reliable performance in the field.

The new DC50 tracking and training collar just released by Garmin is the latest addition to the company’s stable of hound-management tools. Like the DC40 collar, it’s designed to work with Garmin’s Astro 320 tracking system, but the DC50 vaults ahead in performance by adding bark-detection and training functions, improved satellite coverage, better battery management, and a longer, more durable antenna.

Buddy Woodberry on the DC50 Collar
“Garmin’s DC50 is finally on the market,” says Double U’s Buddy Woodberry, “and from what we’ve seen, we’re pretty excited about what it can do. In our field tests, it way out-performed both the old DC30 and DC40 collars. The DC50 is GLONASS-enabled so users can connect with more satellites than before, and it comes with a 21”, braided-steel antenna that’s effective for up to 9 miles; that’s a 30% improvement over the DC40. Plus, it’s got bark-detection, which the DC40 doesn’t have, and it’s waterproof to more than 30 feet. We think our customers will be really impressed with the DC50 and the new capabilities it will give them.”

Click here to Read our Full Review of the DC50 collar

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Garmin dc50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Has anyone seen the new DC50's. I has read a little bit about them, and they have a bark monitor to let you know if your dog is barking if it is out of hearing range. They can only be used with a 320. They have the same collar set-up as the TT10 but no shock capability, but since they use the same style collar you can piggyback a tri tronics receiver to it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Im looking for some folks who have tried the garmin astro dc 50 collars i like my dc 40 but i need a couple more just wanting any input if they are worth the extra mony or not thanks good hunting have a great day

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

the range distance problems with the 30 and 40 were always with the radio signal loss between the collar and handheld.. connecting to more satellites will not improve the range of the 50.
as with all Garmins the collar and handheld may be connected to satellites but they communicate with each other with radio signals just like the old beep beep jobs. i don't understand why they wont address that problem and make garmins so they have the longer range like the old beeper systems.
as far as using tri tronics tech, i myself will never spend another dime on any tri tronics tech no matter who owns it. i would not buy anything tri tronics involved even if I owned the company. the old tri tronics were great,,, but just before and after they sold out to garmin they were complete junk.
I'll keep my 30's from before anything tri tronics was added. just my look on the whole deal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just got one and I like it better than my DC-30 or 40. It has a longer battery life and it picks up better than either one of the others. Looks like its built better also, but time will tell..probably going to sell my 40 and get another one...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I was reading reports on the 5o collar on another site. seems they have some real bugs to work out in the 50 collars.
a lot of reports on them showing the dog hundreds of miles away and even showing them in another state.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:47 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I'm gonna try here pry soon, if I do ill let yall know what I find out.

Sent from my Desire HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

noticed this has been dead for a while but I run nithin but the dc 50s on my hounds but really theres no point in spending the extra money fir them sometimes there is a glitch where it wil show them.in the oppisite direction from where theyre at at firat I thought it was my handheld but I tried it with anbold dc 40 and everything worked fine and the range isnt always right the battery does last longer and it has gone farther than the dc 40 when its working right if they could taje care of the glitches it would be more worth it but If I hadnt already paid the money I would stick with the dc 40s

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I know of at least 2 dc 50's that are being shipped back to Garmin.. They are junk. A man is much better off to stick with the 30's and 40's... Range is about the same as anything else. The only thing I like is the charging clip.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

its been a couple months now . how are the 50's working out.. pros and cons .
I still like the 30's, but the chargers are near impossible to find for them now.
would like some feed back from the guys that use them nearly every night and their dogs have put them through the real life hunting tests.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Love mine. They pick up maybe 100 yds further and don't lose signal as ofter. Getting another one from Santa.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

was wonderin if any one has tried the 50 collar yet. would like to know if you liked it better than the 40. thinking about getting one but would like some input first. any help would be great. thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've got two of them and really like them. Was able to track my female 1.7 mile through some thick woods. Lost signal a few times momentarily but my buddy running 40 collars lost his dogs around 800 yds and was not able to pick them back up until we drove around to them. I really like the bark feature also so when they get deep I can tell when they running track treed etc.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

got my son a 320 with the dc 50. we love it way better than the dc 40' that im runnin. his 50's dont loose signal. my 40's are constantly loosing signal. needless to say im gettn some 50's. gona use the 40's for back up

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I was wondering if after i do the update on my 320 to use the 50's can i still run 30's too?

Home of:

Nitech 'PR' Buck Creek Dan

GRCH 'PR' Sweet Tea Southern Suzi

RIP -- 'PR' Buck Creek Friendly 1-29-14