CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: headlamp quesiton?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Does anyone one here use a Bandit belt light? The lights on the charger do not light up anymore. But it still has a humming noise comming from it. My lamp is still very dim. I had someone put a meter on the charger and it says it is putting out 27 volts. I took it to Batteries Plus and the batteries are reading 13+ volts. I'm really not sure what to do. A new charger is $55 and a replacement on the batteries is $109. Thanks for any help.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: headlamp quesiton?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:35 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

what volt is your light?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

18 volt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:51 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

wranglerclem wrote:
Does anyone one here use a Bandit belt light? The lights on the charger do not light up anymore. But it still has a humming noise comming from it. My lamp is still very dim. I had someone put a meter on the charger and it says it is putting out 27 volts. I took it to Batteries Plus and the batteries are reading 13+ volts. I'm really not sure what to do. A new charger is $55 and a replacement on the batteries is $109. Thanks for any help.

if you have put a meter on your charger and it is putting out the 27v i would say it is still good if its a smart charger it might be kicking it to the trickle charge when u plug it to ur light..try turning ur light on while on charge to see if its brighter,the worst could happen is blow ur bulb..if it does get bright it would be bad batterys.does ur light have the differnt settings like 1,2,3, low mid high? or just on and off? cause they have restiers(spell??) might burnt out....do you have the right bulb in head cause if to big it will burn dim...you need to get the exeact battery reading after charge it should be right at the same voltage as ur light, when my light went bad it would not hold charge very long but it was bright then went dead quick,and when my nite lite smart charger went bad the lights still worked but did not put out no charge maybe this will help this has been my problems out of lights and check all conections might have a lose one or somthing crowroaded

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I found out what was wrong with it. I went with the lesser of two evils. "Cheaper" I ordered a new charger straight from the mfg. That was it.