CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Birds Eye view problems
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:26 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I need help. I bought a astro 320 hand held gps and down loaded the brids eye view but it only has main roads on all my maps how do I get side roads on it and not just state highways?How or what do I need to down load to get them?Also having trouble with it showing my dog treed when they are not is there a certain way I need to put the collar I been putting on like directions said but I walked over 500 yards through some thick BRIARS cause it said my dog was treed and yardage did not change.She was not treed or there.Thanks :?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i have the same problem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've got the same problem with the birds eye map. It only shows major highways, my buddy's 220 shows every little road there is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

You have to add another map in there like the one in your buddy's 220 you can copy the one out of his or download one for free off the internet. Your 320 probably has enough memory to just copy his onto it if it's not a topi of the whole US.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

and on where it shows them treed when theyre not. if they are going up a hill it can make it show treed. or just bad connection if it is thick in there. but they will pick up better if you put the antena of the collar on the dogs right side. looking at the dog it will be the left. hope this helps.

Home of:

Nitech 'PR' Buck Creek Dan

GRCH 'PR' Sweet Tea Southern Suzi

RIP -- 'PR' Buck Creek Friendly 1-29-14

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just bought a Garmin 320 and ordered the birdseye view and I'm having trouble with the Basecamp. I bought a 32gb sd card thinking I could download a few states to put on the Garmin but everytime I try to download something it shows I only have 1.52gb. Im assuming it's only showing the internal memory I have on the 320 and I can't download but a small small piece of land (like 327mb) and also I need to know about what activity profile I need to be on, like hiking or walking or mountaineering. After I've downloaded a little piece of land and look at it through the 320, when i put the arrow on like a road or creek it doesn't show the name of the road like the topo map does. Maybe I ain;t on the right map or something, I only have Global Map and Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap,NR. Hopefully somebody can put me on the right track. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Got mine fixed bought a southern states sd card fixed my road problem updated my garmin and collar fixed my other problems

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

so you bought a topo map and it fixed all your roads plus you still had the birdseye view?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yes sir exactly what it did

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

the topo and the birdseye are 2 different maps. the topo is the lil map card under the battery, the birdseye is the real life pic you download. used together it will show the topo over the birdseye picture. if you go to map selection you can see what maps your 320 has and if they are enabled or disabled. if your handheld did not come with a topo card you have to have one for it to show back road names,ditches,graveyards, XX tracks,streams..ect. you can also disable either one on the map selection page. i disable the topo most of the time if its a place where i know or don't care where the graveyards,railroad tracks,tile drains or what the names of the roads are. its just less clutter on the birdseye picture.
you can enable or disable both maps from the map selection page.
i have had a 220 and a 320 that i had to put a piece of thin coffee cup styrofoam on top of the topo map card holder and put the battery back in on top of the styrofoam to hold the card down tight so it would make connection and work.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:48 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

walkerstyle119 wrote:
I just bought a Garmin 320 and ordered the birdseye view and I'm having trouble with the Basecamp. I bought a 32gb sd card thinking I could download a few states to put on the Garmin but everytime I try to download something it shows I only have 1.52gb. Im assuming it's only showing the internal memory I have on the 320 and I can't download but a small small piece of land (like 327mb) and also I need to know about what activity profile I need to be on, like hiking or walking or mountaineering. After I've downloaded a little piece of land and look at it through the 320, when i put the arrow on like a road or creek it doesn't show the name of the road like the topo map does. Maybe I ain;t on the right map or something, I only have Global Map and Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap,NR. Hopefully somebody can put me on the right track. Thanks!

go to youtube and type downloading birdseye 320 garmin in the youtube search. you will find a video showing you how to download the basecamp and the birdseye .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks toe cutter but I've done looked at the youtube videos and it really doesnt help me. The 320 came with a 4gb sd card but I didnt buy the topo map with it. Im assuming because on basecamp I only have Global Map and Worldwide Autoroute DEM Basemap,NR. I've downloaded basecamp and I bought a 32sd card to have more room to download a few states but when I go to basecamp and click utilities on the top and click download birdseye imagery it only shows 1.52gb and theres nothing on the 32gb card and after I downloaded a small piece, I have the birdseye on the garmin but when you put the arrow on a hollor or creek it doesnt show the name of place but I understand I need to get the topo map to show all that and I can still have the birdseye.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:03 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

as far as i know the birdseye will not load onto a card, only directly into the 320 unit you bought the subscription for..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:55 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

TnFoxieRedTick wrote:
Also having trouble with it showing my dog treed when they are not is there a certain way I need to put the collar I been putting on like directions said but I walked over 500 yards through some thick BRIARS cause it said my dog was treed and yardage did not change.She was not treed or there.Thanks :?

garmin collars do not have a tree switch or anything in the collar to trigger the handheld to show treed.,(same as if it was on pointing dog and it stops long enough it will show the dog is pointing) when it shows treed it does not mean that the collar is tilted ,angled or anything. if the dog stops moving the garmin will show the dog sitting,if it does not move for long enough it will show the dog is treed. you can put the collar in any position with it not even on the dog and it will show it on the handheld to be sitting or treed if the collar is not moving..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Tc if it does not have any type of tree switch why does it differentiate between treed and sitting ? I haven't seen it show them sitting when the dog is treed