It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Pro light 21
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

blazerr valleyy creek or night moves

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:53 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I can't say for certain how many years K-light made lights for Valley Creek, but I know that they were prior to one year ago, and that is a fact. I'm sorry if you don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it. The knowlege I have of the G2 head is coming from personal experience, not off of a forum. It sounds to me like the problems are user error and not specifically product malfunction. It sounds to me like these guys were leaving the light on in confined spaces.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:40 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

iowabluedogs wrote:
I'm sorry if you don't like it, but there isn't anything I can do about it.

HUH??????????????? Like what? I was just stating that my son's VC light was made by Moonshiner not by K-Light and the light is 5 years old not within the last year.

As far as forum reviews.............I think reviews and talk on forums is worth their weight to deciding factors on what products to spend money on. Especially when you see one product that stands out being returned.

Take that PKC thread link a couple post back I posted, just about everyone who responded to that thread, had to return their head to K-Lights...............which you can find similiar responces in threads on the various forums out there not just that link I posted.

I have yet to see on any of the various forums, anyone mention that they had to return the VC or Brighteyes head.

So yes, reading these reviews on the various forums does have it's weight............For some, it's the deciding factor when on the fence on which product to buy............Buy the K-Lights head that you've read on various forums of many having to be returned or buy the VC or Bright Eyes head that you are not seeing the talk of returning the head like with K-lights.

That is the point of this section as well as on sites such as Cabelas, Best Buy, and etc... that have customer submitted reviews on products so customers can read the good and bad along with comparing like products in deciding which product to buy over one another.

While I have not used the G2 personally, Sarge is a friend of mine and since he is my friend, I let him know about the G2 returns out there that have been posted on the various forums.

I know from what I have read in reviews on these various forums which one I would buy -- the feedback from reviews on users using them helped in my decision of weeding out between the "Big 3".

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:38 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

My most sincere appologies Buckshot, here is my review from my own personal experiences with the G2. When compared to any 5100 head, the G2 is at least twice as bright. Would have been stranded a mile and a half away from the rig in the middle of a swamp when we were hunting all night long and the battery went dead on my friends 21v k-light. We both have the same battery pack, but he had a 5100 head and I had the G2. It took us a couple of hours to make it back and it would've taken a lot longer without a light. So the battery life is longer. When taken care of they are great tools. They do flicker a little bit when you turn them down, but that's because an LED light was never meant to be turned down, they are supposed to be an all or nothing sort of light. So, there you have my opinion of them.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

No need for apologies iowabluedogs.........that's the point of these discussion forums - to discuss things.

Profile  WWW