CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

when we turn our unit on and then turn the collar on it's taking like 20 minutes for the unit to "pick up" or read the collar, is anyone else having this problem. the collar's fully charged and the unit has brand new batteries. i cant figure out what it's deal is!!!!

WAYNE SPRATLEY
ASHLEY SPRATLEY
Greene, NY 13778
607-843-7356
607-316-3737
607-316-4078

spratleyswindyhillkennels@yahoo.com

KEEP' EM TREE' D
THE MORE PEOPLE I MEET THE MORE I LIKE MY DOGS!!!!!!!!!!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:25 pm 
IP:
My unit takes from 30 seconds to 5 minutes to pick up the collar. 1 minute is my average time. Never had 20 minutes pass without signal. Is your dog right next to you for those 20 minutes? Anything wrong with the antenna? I'm not sure what other barriers to reception might be involved or if other radio frequencies in your area might play a part or not.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had this issue initially with mine then I started anew procedure for collaring my dogs it solved all my issues. I use to turn the collar on then imediately put it on the dog (having the same long coonect time you are having) now I turn my collars on (I have four) & set them on my tailgate while I finish getting my other light collars & e-collars on then put on the gps collar by that time they are connected. Now you must understand the reason for this is that the collar will not connect until it is found by the GPS antenna on the collar by turning it on & not letting it move it is much faster for satelites to triangulate the collar then send signal to the reciever of its location. with the collar moving it is very difficult for any GPS to connect with multiple satelites in order to "lock on" I hope this helps I know when I started doing this it made connection time shorten to usually less than 1 minute.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:38 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

DELETE AND REPROGRAM THE COLLAR CHANNEL, TRY CHANNEL 20 AND IF YOU HAVE ADDISHINAL COLLARS MAKE THEM 5 CHANNELS APART. WORKED FOR ME.....TOM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:11 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I have a brand new garmin system with dc 30 collar. I can be hunting and my dog wont be but in seeing distance and it loses signal. After it loses signal I cant get it to come back, even when my dog comes back. Has anyone had this problem? Could someone give me some advise? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

TJ34, send it back for a new one.