CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What is an "average" number of coon for hunters in a night?
1-5 72%  72%  [ 84 ]
6-10 13%  13%  [ 15 ]
10-20 9%  9%  [ 11 ]
Over 20 5%  5%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 116
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i've heard hunting andfishing storys all my life and some time you have the filter about half of it to get 1/10 of the real story...25 coons in one night...come on...then you only kill 100 a year....and ive heard ppl treeing 10 and 15 here in north la and then when you go with them you get to see them spot coons in a tree and then encourage their dogs to tree.....honestly....walking to the tree after he has locked down there is barely enough time in one night to do it right....lol and the race has to be short, hell the race is half the fun of coon hunting

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:40 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

some of u are full of it if your treein that many there on feed lots ive been hunting all my life in tennessee on flat land and in the hills and the most ive treed is 6 shot 3 out dont want my dog to have more than 2 a week sometimes none makes mine want the next one more its ok we dont hunt the in the south

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If we have a good night around here we have treed two before midnight. But the most we have treed in one night was thirteen and it took all night to do it. We have lots of woods but coon just arent that thick in N. Florida. We grow too many pine trees and coons dont do good on pine needles.

psiskjr

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I live in VA, and don't know the DNR laws in every state, but I'm pretty sure shooting 40 some coons in two nights would be seriously over your limit? I saw a signature photo on another discussion on here with a young guy, his dog, and 18-19 coons...I'm no mathematician, but thats gotta be over the limit allowed by law. So I'd watch what I brag about on here, plenty of LEO's trolling... :?

PERFECT TEN KENNELS
LOUISA, VA.
HOME OF PERFECT10-PEARL GIRL

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:05 pm 
IP:
we dont got alot around here but there is no limit here..

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 9:05 pm 
IP:
No limit in Ohio!Killin over 5 coons a night is a waste.JMO

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:56 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Down in the mountains and stuff i'm sure 10 coon or more seems impossible but u don't understand its hills and hollers up here to but the cooon are thicker cuz its all farm land more to eat no real predators besides hunters. And shooting all of them only helps cuz if u start leaving alot they will become over populated and spread disease

Nitch'Pr' Deepwoods Cye Boy
Grnitch'Pr' Like NO Dawn J
Grnitch'Pr' Maves' Nightmare Ms. Monster
GrCh Grnitch'Pr' Rebel's War Cry
'Pr' M&S' Screamin Loose Cannon

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:44 pm 
IP:
I thank alot of yaw fellers are full of PURE BULL SH!T . I live in southern WV and i have some hellacious hounds. i have a 13 month old black and tan female and she has treed up two 3 coons in an hour by herself . on the other hand i have two walkers , male and female that are both nailor bread and they have NEVER ran junk and have NEVER treed anything but a coon and i dont allow my dogs to hunt all theese places with feeder buckets and corn fields and sh!t. thats stupid and it RUINS a good dog!!! thats y i dnt hunt then in many night hunts because they hunt feeder bucketts, WHATS THE SPORT IN THAT??? my dogs get dropped in any random place and i garentee they will have a coon treed in a very short length of time... and coons or no coons in an erea ill bet u 100 dollars a coon that my dog will out do any of you guys dogs that claim u tree ten or more coons a night coz thats bullSH!T. if your up for the bet send me a pm

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:50 pm 
IP:
and for all the ones that take more than 2 to 3 coons out a night... It must be nice to live in nothing but corn fields and stuff . come on out here to WV in the reel woods where there is none of this corn field and feeder bucket bullsh!t and i bet when you get here your dogs will look mentaly retarted . no one can call there ound a good dog if they dont have to actually hunt for the coon. h3ll i can take my mother in laws poodle out there and tree a coon with it there are so many. i hate it when people say"OH MY DOGS THE BEST" and BLAH BLAH BLAH. the day u hunt your dogs in the big boys woods instead of your kinder garden corn fields is the day you can say u have i good dog. and further more people that do have SOME SENSE about them CAN hunt the SAME SPOT EVERY NIGHT because they are smart enough not to shoot every coon they see. they shoot one out and then tree all kinds and then the next night there is still more to shoot out.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I shot 7 out of one tree on opening night last season.
I have had many night of over 20.
This was opening night 3 years ago....

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:08 am 
IP:
7 out of one tree, wow what a waste.Sounds like you got plenty of coons up there so it dont matter.I could understand killin that many if the hides were worth something.Thats a good lookin hound anyway.What is it out of?

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

CountryBoy87 wrote:
7 out of one tree, wow what a waste.Sounds like you got plenty of coons up there so it dont matter.I could understand killin that many if the hides were worth something.Thats a good lookin hound anyway.What is it out of?

A waste how? Farmers want me to hunt the coon not leave them in the tree. They destroy their crops. If they are in the tree they are coming down. No matter the size. Averaged $8 on 250+ hides last year.

Hound is yadkin river bred.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:21 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Boy you sound like a 10 year old trying to pick a fight. You are probobly one of those guys that paid top dollar for a hound cuz you aint got a clue how to train a dog. Your dogs were probobly trained in a corn field and you just dont know it. Why dont you buy a plane ticket and come to michigan. I wouldnt let you hunt with me but there are alot of fellas who have dogs too that would not only make your dog look retarted but also make you look more retarted than you sound
WV_WALKER_HUNTER wrote:
I thank alot of yaw fellers are full of PURE BULL SH!T . I live in southern WV and i have some hellacious hounds. i have a 13 month old black and tan female and she has treed up two 3 coons in an hour by herself . on the other hand i have two walkers , male and female that are both nailor bread and they have NEVER ran junk and have NEVER treed anything but a coon and i dont allow my dogs to hunt all theese places with feeder buckets and corn fields and sh!t. thats stupid and it RUINS a good dog!!! thats y i dnt hunt then in many night hunts because they hunt feeder bucketts, WHATS THE SPORT IN THAT??? my dogs get dropped in any random place and i garentee they will have a coon treed in a very short length of time... and coons or no coons in an erea ill bet u 100 dollars a coon that my dog will out do any of you guys dogs that claim u tree ten or more coons a night coz thats bullSH!T. if your up for the bet send me a pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:10 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hahahaha I live in northern MO and I know for a fact me and my cousin have some of the best blueticks around and im telling you right now the most we have killed is 6 and only one was a double and that is from 10pm to daylight, I know a lot of people that get more than us and most of them do it for the money and they admit they walk and shine. I live in northest mo and I hunt a lot in ill and ia and im telling you right now if your getting more than 7 or 8 a night your shining trees or your full of crap!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I mostly hunt farmland in northern IL and IA where the farmers are begging me to get the coons out of their crops. An average night (I usually hunt til midnight or 1) I tree 4-5 coons and if the farmer wants I kill them all except if they are small I leave them in the tree. Last season I had SEVERAL nights with 6-8 coons with just my redbone doing it by herself. The best night last year was with a walker and my redbone- 10 coons by 1am. WITHOUT shining trees. Every one was treed by our dogs.
The coon population up north is much better that farther south. Last friday I turned 2 of my dogs loose on some farmland and treed 3 in 30 min. A month ago I treed 9 in 2 hours- started off with a my 2 dogs split treeing, one coon in each tree, then two trees with 3 kittens each, and ended with a BIG coon wayyy in the timber! My wifes uncle in alabama said we wont see 9 coons in a week if he hunted every night.
For those of you who don't believe you can tree 6+ coons a night, I invite you to the northern midwest- Call me and let go! -Dave 563-499-4055

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next