CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Season finale
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Our season ended 3/10 here in va, and my dog is finally hitting on all cylinders. I bought this english dog when he was 1, and he showed a lot of potential. But he loved chasing deer and everything else under the sun. Finally got an e-collar and with a lot of patience I think I finally got him right. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done, but that's why I like it so well. It took me 2 years to get him right. Now maybe I can start hunting him in the night hunts. Good luck to all.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Season finale
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:32 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a 1/2 bluetick, 1/2 mountain cur that I bet I have shocked with the e-collar on deer at least a dozen times, once on bear and once on either a bobcat or fox that she was running 2,000 yard circles around me one night. She seems to be off the deer now but I wouldn't put it past her to still hit one. On coon she is dynamite, when she trees, she has it and that was finally this year and she is going on 4 years old. I know what you mean by being the hardest thing to do, thank the heavens for GPS collars and tritronics. I absolutely love taking her out and hunting her now, but if something ever happened to her, and I got a new puppy, the thought of going through all those long nights again, well, I don't wanna even think about it. ugh.

Dan