CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Our redbone pup who is almost 5 months old now is continuing to get better and is now getting on the tree and whining like he wants to open i am real proud of him he never gives up even if he looses the track for a for a few min

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:59 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Good to hear that I also hunt redbones and have about a year old male that is showing alot of promise I just need a little more time to get him finished. Gotta love this sport nothing better than being out in the middle of the night listening to my dogs do what they were trained to do. Good luck in the future

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:35 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks! you to this is our first coonhound and i cant wait to see how he does he shows a lot of potential do you have any tips?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

That's great when you get to see your pup learn how to trail and hunt!!! it's a very satisfying to see your pup learning!! it also can be very frustrating when your pup doesn't do what you think it should, But the best thing is patience !!!:)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

not really bud I'm sure you have heard red dogs are slower but I was die hard on getting one. Once they put it all together I don't think you will be dissapointed. I love my dogs.Just keep working.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:26 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

How is he doing?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Good looking dog man I have two redbone pups that are right at seven months now and training them the best I know how. They do ok on drags and I have a hyde I give to em to tear on and play with and stuff to kind of keep em on the scent. The best thing I can tell you is get him with an older dog but he still has lots of time, I've heard folks say don't show em a live coon til at least 8 months of age or so. I'm trying to trap one right now and make a rolling cage my girl dog has a lot of fight in her I think it'll help her quite a bit. Where do you live at btw? I'm in east Tennessee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

thats a great looking dog. i have a 11 month old. i didnt start training her till 8 months old, the first 8 month she spent all her time with me. walking and driving around and letting her play with other dogs. once she turned 8 months we started training. and shes the fast learning dog ive ever seen. ive showed her on 3 caged coons. thats all ill do on a dog. hasnt had a drag. and now i just hunt her with the old dogs and shes doing great.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I showed my english gyp a coon at 4 months and shes now just turnded 8 months shes frist strike and 2 tree some night and others nighy shell strike and no tree. I had to buy 2 new cages cause of her and a coon fight ahe treed frist wild coon at 7 months and other dogs backed her

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i am sixteen years old and i have a 3 year old black and tan. i got him last year from a guy who said he was started and "treeing". he didnt have much to him for he only had 7 coons knocked down to him when he was young. last season i knocked 25 down to him with my high school friends. we worked with him all last year but he didnt tree good he would just go around from tree to tree so we guessed which one to shine. before this season is staring to open up i have taken my dog out 6 times just to give him some exercise. he has treed 5 coon out of the six times i have went. and there is nothing sweeter than seeing your dog figure out a track and finish it with barking up the right tree with confidence!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey guys i havent checked this post in quite awhile just got lucky and happened to see it! But the dog is doing excellent he is now 10 months old and has a ton of fight in him he has ripped into quite a few already and even jumped into my pond after one! But he still needs more conifidence to take one on his own! The other night we turned one out to him and he pushed it through a corn field and into a thorn patch where he pushed it around for about an hour! He is extremely fast on the track to so this coon struggled to make it up a tree at one point the dog actually pulled him out of a tree no joke

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Lol that's awesome man. Glad to hear he's turning out alright. I didn't realize this was an old thread I just seen it on here this morning

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:52 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yeah i started it in April and I am in Central PA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:52 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Should post some pics of the old boy now and let us see what he's looking like. What kind of training did you do with him?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next