CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:37 pm 
IP:
just wondering what all scary things have happened to people while hunting. this morning i was walking to my tree stand well before daylight and an owl started screaming 20 yards away from me and when i say screaming i mean screaming lol scared the crap out of me.

Last edited by Redbone Coon Hunter on Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well iv always been scared of the dark but love to coonhunt it dont bother me to much any more but when i was about 13 i always tried to get someone to go with me my brothers didnt like to hunt much but i always asked them to go and i was terrifed aliens well my older brother went with me one night and we just went back behind the house a littel ways and he was talking about how much fun we would have and i was thinking this is great i will have someone to hunt we was starting to get a good ways from the house when he starts pointing in the sky and yelling aliens and grabs my light and takes off running to the house well i take off to leave my dog in the woods and i was running the fastes i had ever run before we get back to the house and he was laughing his butt off and i was as scared as i had ever been i did kinda get over my fear of the dark after that but i never asked him to go hunting again and he still teases me about it hope you all get a good laugh

Post subject: scary long time ago
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:21 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Dad and I have run a lot of bobcats around in Lake County Oregon. Came across a mountain lion in the canyons on the Paisley Desert treed him in a hole on the side of the canyon. We climbed up to the side of the rim and the dogs were treeing on a hole that was too high for them to get to. Most of these holes have an escape route at the top and my dad told me to climb up there with Blue to see if he took off. I got on the top of the canon rim and started to look around and couldn’t see any lion tracks. I finally saw a hole about the size of a dogs head and peered into it trying to see if the cat was in there. All of a sudden all I saw was teeth that cats’ jaws were 10 inches from my face. You talk about jumping I just about *&*& my pants. The mountain lion were so scarce at the time that my dad went to town to called Hank to bring his dogs out. I sat on the cat until they came back, once they got close to the hole the cat jumped out of the hole and ran down the canyon a couple of hundred yards and treed in a huge cottonwood. We sat there and let the hounds tree for awhile. Dad (witch he denies) look at me and said “go up there and kick that cat out” so I tried but the tree was too big to climb ( I think he new that) I was so use to him having me kick out bobcats I didn’t even think twice about it. You get close to a bobcat in a tree they would bal out before you even get close. We took a lot of pictures and headed out of the canyon back to the rigs.(we let the cat go witch we did on almost all the game we hunted my fathers main rule was if you kill everything you treed pretty soon there wont be anything to tree and I hope I instill that into my sons). I got in the pickup and started thinking to myself, What if I had made it up that tree? What would that cat of done? There were 10 hounds on the ground!!! I laugh every time I think of it. My father took me hunting almost every weekend year around we were tracking something, winter bobcats, summer Bear, on occasion raccoon but they were scarce too in lake county. I often think the only way I did anything in school was so I could go hunting with my father on the weekends, because his and my mothers rule was bad grades no hunting. I think they bent that a couple of times but it must of paid off because latter in life I had a 4.0 through college.

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I think the scariest thing that has happened was on my buddies grandparents land. Well we were out there hunting and they warned us that there was black bear and mountain lion on the land. Well we are walking along on a path and the dogs start to bay at something. Well we get a little closer and turn on the flashlight. We saw something black moving, then both dogs come back to us runnin as they possibly can. Well we figure that it was a bear so the dogs wont let us go on that way any farther. So we are walking out to leave and my buddies dog starts barking so we find her thinking she had treed. We get there and it is an armadillio in a hole. We tried to pull the dogs off of it but they wont leave. So we sent my brother back to the truck cause by that time coyotes were coming up close. So he took off (with my knife cause I had the gun). So my buddy pulls his B&T off the armadillio (my dog was keeping the coyotes off of us) so i shot it once. It jumps out at me so i shot it again, it is still coming. I shot a third time, after the third shot the dogs were on top of it an finished it off cause it still wasn't dead. We finally get back to the truck and my brother asked if the coyotes tried to get us. I told him what happened, and that the shoots probly scared the coyotes away.

Curs Rule

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33dv1i1&s=7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well a few weeks ago one of our friends and i went down to our families ranch to predator hunt. well we were sittin' there callin' by a water hole and all of a sudden this screeching kinda scream thing just started screaming or whatever it was behind us. we stopped the call and shined behind us there was nothin' there so we thought it was an owl or a rabbit. so we started the call again, but a few seconds into it the thing started screaming again so we stopped the call and shined but nothing there. so i told Alex that if it happens again not to stop the call i will just shine behind us. so we started the call and like previously it started again so i shined. this thing was hiddeous! i think it was a chewbucabra. it was ugly. it made godzilla look like eva longoria. this thing looke like a coon, bobcat, coyote, badger, and something else just fused together. it weighed about fifty pounds. it had a green/brown color fur or skin whatever so we just started letting the bullets fly. when the free fire stopped we walked over to see if there was any blood. there was but it wasn't red it was kinda like a purple and a chartreuse put together we trailed it about 200 yards but never found it. so from now on when we go down there we are going with more friends and more ammo. oh yeah we are going back this weekend!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

the scariest thing that has happened to me was one time we were hunting on a strip job (coal mine) and not just one but about 20 coyotes right past us....talk about scared

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:46 pm 
IP:
me and some relatives were coon hunting and two 1 year olds treed in a hollow tree and i started beating on it and i could hear it growling my stepdad and uncle start looking for a peace of barbed wire and a young tree limb but before they came back i decided to look in the hole and a dang possum came running out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:30 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

coon killa wrote:
well a few weeks ago one of our friends and i went down to our families ranch to predator hunt. well we were sittin' there callin' by a water hole and all of a sudden this screeching kinda scream thing just started screaming or whatever it was behind us. we stopped the call and shined behind us there was nothin' there so we thought it was an owl or a rabbit. so we started the call again, but a few seconds into it the thing started screaming again so we stopped the call and shined but nothing there. so i told Alex that if it happens again not to stop the call i will just shine behind us. so we started the call and like previously it started again so i shined. this thing was hiddeous! i think it was a chewbucabra. it was ugly. it made godzilla look like eva longoria. this thing looke like a coon, bobcat, coyote, badger, and something else just fused together. it weighed about fifty pounds. it had a green/brown color fur or skin whatever so we just started letting the bullets fly. when the free fire stopped we walked over to see if there was any blood. there was but it wasn't red it was kinda like a purple and a chartreuse put together we trailed it about 200 yards but never found it. so from now on when we go down there we are going with more friends and more ammo. oh yeah we are going back this weekend!!

thats pretty weird no fooling?

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Scariest? Well alot of things happen in the woods, some scary, some just strange events.
Once when I was about 20yrs, I was out on 14 acres of streams and hills, to carry some feed out and catch a horse. All at once two dogs came up from nowhere. I don't know why, but the hair stood up on my neck, as they were slinking around me exactly opposite me on each side and circling in the same direction, so when I faced one, my back was to the other. It was like Call of the Wild, Whitefang or something. I just kept walking slowly and yelling at them, but they circled closer. My eye caught a limb on the ground and the moment I grabbed it and raised it over my head, they quietly slipped away. There must be some ancient connection between man, clubs, and wolves. All this happened at the edge of town...odd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:43 am 
IP:
scareiest thing ever was when me and a buddy were camping in the woods back of the house. I had fallen on a tree root chaseing dogs the night before and knocked my front tooth out. the next night it hurt so bad me and my buddy started back home leading the dogs. all of a sudden they started growling then howling at some big creature coming through the woods towards us. I jacked a round in the gun and pointed at the shape when my buddy shined the light on it. It was my dad looking for me to bring me some antibiotics and asprin for my tooth. he didnt have a flashlight as he pretty much knew the woods like the back of his hand and knew where we camped. knowing i could have shot my dad scared me more than anything i have ever experienced before or after since he was and still is my idol. I thank God all the time that it turnd out ok.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:55 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I think that is the scariest story yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:35 pm 
IP:
When I started coon hunting, I was a bit on the scared side. One night, a fierce spring storm began. There was lightening, and winds that were strong enough to make the normal person run for cover. But, there was a coon high in the tree, and, the hunters I tagged along with were not gonna quit. I stood with my back turned to block the wind, and all of a sudden the lightening lit up everything, and bolted loud enough to make anyone shiver. If that wasn't scarrey enough, an old tree which I had my back turned to came crashing down. Talk about fearful!!!

Post subject: gator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:07 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i was turkey huntin one morning and i just sat decoys out and i was set up about 30 yds from a roost on the edge of the swamp..at daylight i had a bird hammerin and comin in..i look out the corner of my eye and seen a gator comin..he charged and ate my decoys and came after me..he ended up gettin my turkey vest, seat, and 2 3 1/2 turkey shot in his head..and i made it out alive..they are fast..

bawlin choppin treein..that is a walker for you

Boomer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:27 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

durn that stinks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:16 pm 
IP:
one night me and my neighbor and his friend decided to take my 2 1/2 yr old walker we turned him lose by a pond and bout 100 yds away he tress we think its a coon so we run up there as fast as we can its a tall oak with a fork in the middle we shine the spot light up in the fork and we see something big and black like a big cat i shoot up in the tree and all of a sudden it jumps down a limb and we finally realized it was a black panther so i grab my dog and we take off running i hear it jump out of the tree and take off after us but we finally make it to the truck and i started it up and floored it we havent been huntin in that spot ever since

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next