CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Last season about 8:15pm George my coon hunting buddy and I are putting down the road to make our first drop of the night. We're complaining bout women, chewin backey and talking about what that bonehead JR pup needs to turn on.. So we pull up to the property and there in the middle of the blacktop road stands a big boar coon. Huh... So we pull up closer and it looks like it had been rolled by a car.. He was bowed up growling but just slowly walking.. As i was standing there a car came over the hill and slowed down.. It was a Lexus LX-330.. A pretty blond in a ponytail and a scarf rolled down the window and said

"Oh my God.. poor thing. Did you hit it?"
No mam he was just standing here... He's likely sick or hit...
"Well what are you going to do? I live up the road here and can go get our cat kennel"
Well hun, its best to let nature take it's course. Those things carry all kinds of diseases. It wouldn't be smart to try and catch it.. Not much that can be done for him...
"Oh dear, What a shame.."
Yeah.. Poor Guy.. We're just going to shoo him off the road and into the woods so he doan get hit again...
"OK" She said with a smile as she drove off...

I walked to the back of the truck and watched her tailights go over the hill out of sight..... Giggled slightly, Shook my head, and hit the latch on the dog box!! I flipped that JR Dog out of there... YAAAAAAHHHHHWWWWWWW JR Bawled as he saw that coon... The coon made a run for it... To bad he chose the wide open field rather than the woods..... And it was on... Dogs got the coon, coons got the dog, JR backs up and gets him again only to get a cheek full of teeth... The coons a growlin and JR a workin, there's fur and corn stubble a flying... Then with a big old crunch it's over just like that. JR got a good grab on him...

I'm sure that pretty little thing went home and dreamed sweet dreams of the two coal miners who stopped to help a poor sick coon cross the road...

On a side note.. I think it would have been more fun to see that woman try and get that boar coon in a cat kennel. :lol: :lol:

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:07 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

that would have been funny until she was cryin with 3 fingers on 1 hand

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:52 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thats a goodin,
and ida loved to see her tryin.... she would have probly made you put it in the cat kennel tho..lol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:10 am 
IP:
TheOhioOutdoors,

Good story!
First one I have read since last season.
I was wondering if y'all are really coal miners? About as scary of a job as I can imagine. Y'all be careful and 'Watch the roof'. I am disabled now but for 15 years was a highly skilled Bill Dukey operator. Then my back gave out and I had to get into something easier like roofing. I roofed for another 15 years till I got hurt again.
But being hurt down in a coal mine and not being able to get out makes me shake all over.
Be careful.

Jack the Knife...
Sandymay and Dukedog