CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My Hounds
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

my name is andrew jester im 16 and i live in north carolina. i had been wanting coonhounds ever scince i was about 11 years old. i finally got one when i was 15, hes a redbone and his name is copper. i thought i was the luckiest person alive when i got him, and i started training him from the second i brought him home. then summer came, and i went to missouri and arkansas all summer and i found copper a partner, i found a plott hound at a pound the same age as copper he was the prettiest plott i ever saw. i named him zinc and started training him along with copper when i got back to NC. they were all i thought about all day in school, i hardley ever got my work done lol. i took copper and zinc in the woods almost every day and let follow the scents, and i trained em almost every day. i took them for thier first actuall hunt when they were about 9 months. it was on my dads friends land about 300 acres. i never did have a tracking system, too much money. so i let the two 70 pound dogs drag me through the woods on a leash. after two hours of nothing i was loosing my confidence and getting frustrated. and i got lost from my dad and brother for about 40 minutes too. so when i was about to leave i was on the way back to my car and then my dogs just started acting real weird! they were pulling hard and whining then copper let out the longest deepest bawl ever and i let them loose they were running around making noise. then i looked in a ditch with a flash light and a possum was sitting there, and zinc came flying in and head buted it lol. then came copper and he helped kill it. i know its not what i trained em for but i was still excited and proud of them because we got something, you know? it was a cool feeling. then in about 30 minutes they found another possum and copper treeded it. we were about to leave when they got off on somethin i dont know what it was but they followed it for 5 miles, so i followed them for 5 miles too through 4 rivers and tons of bryers. when i got my dogs we went home.i was happier than id ever been. three weeks later i was eating dinner when someone knocked on the door with a bloody collar in his hand, it was zinc's. my heart dropped and i ran to the street he was laying there kicking it was the most terrible thing i ever saw. i wanted to throw up. the cop there wouldnt put him out because we were in city limits so i had to wait for animal patrol to take him away. he died. that tore me up bad. he got hit when copper and him dug out. copper got lucky, but he wont hunt anymore. so i got him a new partner shes a redbone coonhound and her name is ruby , i just hope hell start hunting with me again.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: My Hounds
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sorry to hear that about your hound. I hope your new one does a good job for you.

Home of

GRNITECH D&D NIGHTIME YADKIN R DEE DEE
BEANS HARDWOOD JAZZ
CH RED EAGLE ROCKO
DAWSON'S HAMMERIN TUFF

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:53 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

its always tough when u loose one of ur first .....my first was a blue dog and died of old age but after i got him i got a black and tan about a year later .... we we didnt have trackers when i was a kid ether but if ur dogs got lost u layed ur jacket down and in the mornin ur hounds should be layin there ...... well after a long windy night i couldnt hear my dogs no more i layed my jacket on the ground and had the longest night of my life lol cuz my uncle told me this trick and i didnt think it was gonna work lol ..... well in the mornin my blue boy what there but my black wasnt....i took off school that day but never found him .......but i did the same thing u did and got blue boy a girlfriend .... he was sad for a bit they were in the same pen for a while didnt have anyone to keep him warm any more ... just kno time heals all wounds......and ull remember for ever the day u first hound drug u to hell and back just to knock over sum dirty ol grinner lol

sorry bout ur loss

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

im sorry to hear that my favorite dog i ever had got out when my walker was in heat and i did not no it and he got hit

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:21 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

hey man sorry about your dog, it always sucks to lose a dog. we had a few leave us in the last couple years we've hunted. im 17 and live in cleveland(not real far from ya) if youd want you can come over my way and you can run your dogs with mine. im in wv right now but ill be back in Aug. message me on here or text my cell if u wanna run them one night. i have a couple good spots and some really good dogs lol.

704-640-0625
704-278-2823

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:44 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Keep huntin little brother,i promise you one thing 20 years from now your fondest memores will be chasen them dogs and you will be a better man for it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:53 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i agree sammy i would have a big empty space in my memory bank if i never coon hunted.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thanks guys, and yea nathan that would be great ive really been needing somewhere to hunt with copper hes getting bored