CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:52 am 
IP:
I have been using Bayer shrub and tree for flea control and it works well but does not get ticks. I had been looking for a low cost alternative to frontline since it gets both fleas and ticks. I came across a product called Termidor SC for termite control that is 9.1% fipronil. Frontline is 9.7% fipronil. Just wondering if anybody has used this for fleas and ticks with any success. It is about $60 for a 20 oz. bottle which is considerably cheaper than the Frontline.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 pm 
IP:
Been using the Termidor now as a spot on for 5 dogs. Just putting a stripe down the middle of their back like you do with Frontline. WORKS GREAT!!!! Have not found a single tick on my dogs since I started using it and I have my hounds in the woods 5 nights a week. The day I put it on them they all had ticks on them. Checked 24 hours later and all ticks were gone and have not seen one since.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

where did you get it from feed & seed store or what kind of store iam in s.c low country

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:53 pm 
IP:
I ordered it online from coopers feed and seed. It is $60 for 20 ounces which is CHEAP when compared to frontline. That amount will last me several years. click on link below.

http://www.cooperseeds.com/viewitem.php?prod=2308

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

what would i go under like http://www.coopers feed&seed .com are what & thanks for your help ticks are bad on my dogs iam pulling them off every day never mind i seen you posted it thanks for your help

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm 
IP:
Below is some information on dosage. Termidor is 9.1% Fipronil and Frontline is 9.7%. That is a small difference and by using the Frontline dosage level you are erring on the side of caution and actually using a small amount less than reccommended by Frontlines manufacturer. These are the dosages I have been using and they seem to be working quite well.

How Fipronil is Supplied

Fipronil is available in a topical 9.7 percent solution. Each card contains 3 or 6 pipettes.

Fipronil is also available in a 0.29 percent topical spray, in a 100 ml bottle or 250 ml bottle. Each trigger spray of the 100 ml bottle is 0.5 ml of spray. Each trigger spray of the 250 ml bottle is 1.5 ml.

Dosing Information

Medication should never be administered without first consulting your veterinarian.

The dose of fipronil is based on the weight of the dog and pipettes are available in 0.67 ml (for dogs up to 22 pounds), 1.34 ml (for dogs 23 to 44 pounds), 2.68 ml (for dogs 45 to 88 pounds) and 4 ml (for dogs 89 to 132 pounds). One pipette is applied topically every 30 days.

For cats, pipettes are available in 0.5 ml and one pipette is applied once monthly.

The topical spray is dosed for dogs and cats at 1.5 to 3 ml per pound of body weight. This correlates to 1 to 2 pumps per pound with the 250 ml bottle and 3 to 6 pumps per pound with the 100 ml bottle. Animals with long hair need the higher dose. As with the pipettes, the spray is applied once monthly.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The really nice thing about Termidor SC is that you may use it to treat both your pet (if infected) and areas of your home that said pet has infected.