It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

coonscry wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see the phrase "obscenely high levels" Not to quote half truths or anything :roll: I was just stating facts. I don't even remotely care if you put this stuff on your dogs. Just pointing out the fact that he doesn't think that ALL animal milk replacer is good for puppies but this chemical is ok. I would probably try the stuff if I had a need for it but I don't. Just pointing out the potential side effects.

Didn't mean to rile you up. My point is any pesticide at extreme levels is harmful. It is all relative to what you use versus the tested levels. But I see your point which was the milk replacement versus the pesticide. Your point is well taken and recieved!
Greg

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

coonscry wrote:
Sorry, I didn't see the phrase "obscenely high levels" Not to quote half truths or anything :roll: I was just stating facts. I don't even remotely care if you put this stuff on your dogs. Just pointing out the fact that he doesn't think that ALL animal milk replacer is good for puppies but this chemical is ok. I would probably try the stuff if I had a need for it but I don't. Just pointing out the potential side effects.

First, didn't say that milk replacer was bad. I meant that they souldn't need it with the right puppy food. What ever floats your boat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:01 pm 
IP:
hogwild6337 wrote:
This time of the year it is not good to feeding a replacement such as you suggest. If Purina Puppy food won't put weight on them something else is wrong. You don't need to add any supplement with it.....

I guess its only bad this time of year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:14 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Correct, with the heat the way it is can cause more problems adding to many supplements.

Post subject: Fleas;Fleas:Fleas
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Friend of mine recently called me asking how to get rid of fleas in his pen. Had gotten so bad his wife wouldn't let the children out in back yard. Claimed he had gotten several different spray on and other products and nothing had worked. Had managed to kill alot of grass and some flowers but fleas seemed to thrive. All I could suggest was my flea treatment. I mix Dawn dish-washing liquid in a pump-up sprayer and go to work. Spray kennel, hounds, everything in sight. Do this when I see a hound scratch and I don't have a problem. I used Vet Guard on my hounds. Use this same mixture on our fruit trees, garden, wife's flowers ect...If you check out fleas on Google it states liquid detergent is safe and effective. Cheap and alot safer than chemicals.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:47 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I had a flea problem with my hounds and I have never been impressed with frontline- way too expensive and doesnt work well in my opinion. I went to dollar general and paid $3.50 per can of aerosal flea and tick spray. says its safe to use on dogs and their bedding. I sprayed all dogs down good, then sprayed all around then pen- worked awesome. I spray it on them about once every month to keep ticks off and I havent had any more problems

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use the seresto collar it kills flea and tick 8months works awesome

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The vet is not going to tell you to use thise stuff. He wants you to use his hi-dollar stuff just makes sence if your a vet.