CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dog Not Eating
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My two year old gyp has barely touched her food over the past week. She usually eats about 5 cups of Hi-Protein a day. There have been times when it's real hot where she will only eat a 3/4 a bowl or so, but typically she finishes the whole thing off.

I hunted her Saturday after a two hour truck ride. She seemed just a tad off, and then didn't eat the next morning after the two hour ride home. I figured maybe her stomach was a little upset from the long ride. But she didn't improve.

I hunted her last night just to see if she would eat after a night of hunting. She hunted her butt off for about 5 hours, but still didn't eat any food this today. She hasn't lost any energy...still plays hard and hunted hard last night.

She did eat a McDonald's hash brown from the wife a few days ago and some left over steak from dinner the other night. She just doesn't seem to want to touch her dog food. She is about the pickiest eater I've seen for a dog- very few treats will she devour. Usually she hides and hordes most new foods.

Any help to get her back to her normal diet would be much appreciated.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Dog Not Eating
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:54 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

If we have any left over stew i mix it up in my dogs food and he just plows right through it. if you can take an ham bone and water make a yummy (for dogs) soupy thing with carrots or any thing you know your dog will eat and mix the food up really good. people put oil or a raw egg over their dogs food every once in a while it makes it slide right down their throat and should get her eating it. if she dont eat i would call ur vet and try to figure this thing out. my other dog was like that then he was only half back to normal and he died cuz of some cancer. but he couldnt really bark either. hope she gets better i would definately try some other food mixed in with her food.