CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: breeders please help
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:46 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ok yall im having problems getting my 8 yr old male dog to hook up with my 6 yr old female. the female is a little taller than the stud and shes also hyper so she doesnt like to stand still at all. please any adive can only help. i really wana get one litter off my stud before its too late. my female is had a litter last year and had 9 pups so i know she can do it. and my stud has breed females and has pups too. he just seems to be a little short and cannt reach her should i just put her in the pen and leave her till she comes out of heat or what thanks for your time.

grch'pr'reynold's red rose
ch'pr'tree chopins putem up thunder

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: breeders please help
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If she isn't standing still you may have to get in there with them and hold her.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks i tried that and tieing her to the side of the kennel but hes just not reaching her. but ill keep trying that.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

How many days has she been in?

Cell # 606-599-2741

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:32 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

shes been in about 7 days now

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:12 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

seems a little early to me.. id wait a couple more days and try again.. also you can build a platform 2 or 3 inches off the ground.. put your male dog on the platform and the female on the ground in front of him.. that ought to give him the reach he is needing.

Runnin' them hounds til' the sun comes up

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:01 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks i tried her agin lastnight and i think she will start standing still she wasnt running arround as much and she did stand still for him to mount twice im hoping i can get her breed.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:38 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I like to breed on the 11th day of her cycle, by then she will flag good and stand still.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:19 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks for yalls help she was flaging day before yesterday and stood still. i was able to get her breed. i know i have alot to learn to become a good hound breeder. i just hope noone thinks bad of me because this is the third time ive tried to breed a female the first time i took my walker to a guys house to breed to his stud and she had 9 pups the second time i took a redbone i had and she was in a faulse heat. and this time. but this is the first time i had a stud worth breeding too. so i just wanted to tell yall thanks for all your help and advice im hoping she will have a big litter like she did the last time. her pups seem to have big mouths and good heads on them. thanks agin.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:10 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

:D for ya! Hope she has a good size litter for ya.
'pr'tree chopin's free stylin addy is a fine looking hound, is she the female you bred?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:34 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks and yes addy is the female im breeding shes got alot of drive for hunting not built to be a show dog but a hunting dog shes one of those dogs that when u cut her loose shes gone hunting and she will only back a dog if the coon is in the tree. and she puts big loud mouths on the pups.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

your best chance for her to get pregnant is to breed her over the next few days a couple more times.. if she was not ovulating the one time he bred her she wont have pups.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:47 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Best thing i think anyone getting a dog breed to do is go to vet and get a ovulation test done cost like 15 or 20 bucks. Take her in approx. on 9th or tenth day in they will tell you what day is best. Most hounds are between 11th and 13th day.

Breed a female of mine about a month ago her first time breeding and she was 9. sire was 9 goin on ten. we had a heck of a time. If we would of been thinkin Id took my AI stuff in did faster. Sire was just lil to short we had to lube her and stuck her back feet in a hole so he had the reach and aimed him. Older dogs get some problems when there gut and everything starts sagging.

but i agree with toe cutter id get her breed again for sure. they might of hooked up but she may never Take, if a dog ant ready to breed, her system wont take in the sperm sometimes, in sometimes they do. If a dogs ready she will back to the stud, be flagin. If you have to lube the female when your finger gets in there your no if shes wanting to take by the wall contractions and her whole body movements. yea some might think that wrong in so many ways but you do what you gotta do.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:51 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I don't know about it being wrong exactly but it is totally unneccessary. Dogs generally manage to breed very well on their own and the more you interfere trying to help the more you distract them. Standing the female in a lower spot in the ground (like a dried up puddle or a rut in a dirt road) is the best way to deal with a short stud. He can maneuver around her pretty well if you just hold her collar so she stays in the low spot and you won't be in their way much. You can also let him stand on something to raise him up but if she moves you'll have to keep moving her back into place.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:07 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thanks for all yalls help i was able to get her breed when she got ready she was sticking it in his face ans sqwating for him and they hooked up twice a day from the time she accepted him to the time she stoped accepting him.

Profile  WWW