CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:50 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I know we should be doing this always and for my lack of not doing so I am sorry but I am in need of you alls help. A very close friend of mine that I have know a long time, worked with and hunted and fished with for many years has something wrong. I haven't been around him much in the last coulpe of years due to work, and well just life has taken us different ways to sort of speak. But my ex-boss called me yesterday and filled me in on how he thaught that he was heavily under conviction.

He (we will calm him Joe) is head foreman at a sawmill and also over maintenence and everything else and family man just lost a very close cousin of his and between work and everything else, according to my ex-boss (we will call him Bob) he has broke down. Bob says Joe is just not himself. Says he is saying things way out of carracter and just not acting himself. Not eating, not sleeping, ect. and I/we are extremly worried. Now I have not been to see him yet because I am still in prayer about it but I know it is coming and I am asking for strength by prayer to be able to say what God would have said and to be able to be that friend that I know I need to be but more importantly that God has went ahead and set the stage for what is going on and that I am not jumping to conclusions and just assuming that I know what is going on because I fear that if I go in when I am not needed that it might push him farther away.

It seems so obvious but so have a lot of things. If you know what I mean?
This is a very special man and we used to be very close like brothers but right now he can't even talk to his own brother about what he is going through and so as you can see this matter needs serious prayer.

Thanks everybody for your help and may God Bless you. Jamie.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:14 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

WE WILL BE PRAYING IN VA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:53 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Will be praying in South Dakota to.

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:22 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well first of all I haven't gone to talk with him yet. I find myself torn in two directions and so I am asking advice from the elders out there because I just know that I am not the first to be going through this.

I have a pretty good idea of what is going on inside but for the life of me I can't put a finger on which way to go. Obviously a part of me says go to him right now and yet another part of me says wait. You see, he has very loving and caring wife and knowing this I don't know if I need to step in right now. Years ago they used to go to church and infact she even taught kids Bible school and so she knows God or so I think and I know she still reads her Bible because he has told me in the past but I just don't know. It seems to me that if they can work this out together than it would be better but this one really has me torn up inside.

So I guess what I am asking is those of you that have been found in simular times like this, well to ask what you did is wrong, but what is your advice, from experience from having been there? I know seeking God is the best advice and I have been doing that but keep coming up short. And yes, I understand that this is in God's timing and his will but my goodness. You know what I mean?

And ironically enough, last night I taught on Mary and Martha and when they had Jesus in their house (Luke 10:38-42) and the message was which one are you, Martha or Mary. Well of course we need to be found doing both but Jesus said Mary was doing the good part. Maaannn that is some good stuff, spending time with Jesus. And then we find that there is work to be done. Maybe that message was for me last night and everybody else was just along for the ride. I don't know, but this one has really got me twisted up.

Can any of you elders lend a little help from looking through spiritual eyes? A good firend of mine PM'ed me with some good advice for when or if I go to him but I am needing help with going or not.

Thanks everybody, and keep him lifted up in prayer. This ain't over.

Jamie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:12 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

In your first post you told how close of freinds you guys used to be. Why not get together and just renew that freindship. If it is God's plan for you to deal with the problems you discribe the Holy Spirit will give you the right words to say. He will give you plenty of opportunity to. First off be a frreind though.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:16 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

we will be praying i nc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:21 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well, I guess God is still in control because my friend finally called me back. He told me what all is going on and without going into detail, this ain't pretty. Not pretty at all.

But the good news is he has been broken and knows it. Now it is up to him to decide what he needs to do. I told him repeatidly,, because he asked, that he needed to get right with Jesus and go from there. So once again, be praying that God draws him to an understanding. He is very confused. Thanks everybody and God Bless. Jamie.