CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:37 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

In light of some of the conversations on here about works... what do I need to be saved etc.... I thought I'd post a link to a podcast I listen to often. This is a two part conversation. Part two is the richest part, but you should listen to part one to keep their words in context. These guys specifically address passages like "If you love me keep my commandments" and talk about why so many Christians feel angry, let down, frustrated etc.... I think most will find the conversation refreshing. Beware each one is around thirty minutes so carve out a little time and enjoy.

Part 1
http://www.thegodjourney.com/audio/2008/0418h.mp3

Part 2
http://www.thegodjourney.com/audio/2008/0425h.mp3

For anyone that listens to the whole thing and finds it enjoyable I'd like to hear your thoughts.

And if these guys offend you, you want to argue about it, find it against your tradition etc.... just pm me and title the message "easily offended by Grace" and I'll pm you back to argue with you when I get time for such activity (don't hold your breath!)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I listened to both parts and have to say that I agree. It's about God loveing us and us loveing Him. And if that love is true, then everything will work it's self out. LOVE.

Our church has a little thing we do and it happens like this; the pasture will say "God is good" and the congregation will say "all the time" and then he will in turn say "all the time" and we will in turn say "God is good."

Thanks Hound. Jamie.

Post subject: here's how I think of it
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:44 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I figure I am similar to a old junk pocket knife. You know the ones that are loose, blades all chipped and dull, rust and the tip is broke from being used to open paint cans or whatever. Worse part is that even brand new that cheap pocket knife just looks and feels like it is going to break or never hold it's edge. That's how we are as fallen people. We look like we could maybe do something useful or good but it is just beyond us to do it consistently or very great and we don't get to far before we are a poor excuse for what we should have been. God sent us Jesus to set us free from all the damage our sins have done and the original problem of starting out with a rickety core. Through faith by the grace of God we are made new, not just shined and sharpened but all new metal, handle, hinges everthing made the best out of what had been inferior. Now we are able to do what we were meant to do; whittle, trim a stick, cut an apple, shave your face. Now we can do the work we tried to do before but always came up failing. Not only do we now have the potential to do good we also have a bladesmith, Jesus, who will sharpen us up as we go if we submit and let him work with us. We can't sharpen ourselves, no knife ever got up and went to the stone to bring back it edge. Do you all understand what I am getting at? Look at Ephesian 2:8-10 again. "we are God's workmanship" I am giving this as a way to think of it, I know we aren't really knives LOL but we should think of ourselves as tools ready for the work that He has for us to do by His power. The tool doesn't get the credit, the Master craftsman does. Think of that word "tool". It has taken on a bad connotation lately but I will gladly say I am a tool for Jesus, He can grind or do whatever He needs with me is how I want to live.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

willseeyalater wrote:
I figure I am similar to a old junk pocket knife. You know the ones that are loose, blades all chipped and dull, rust and the tip is broke from being used to open paint cans or whatever. Worse part is that even brand new that cheap pocket knife just looks and feels like it is going to break or never hold it's edge. That's how we are as fallen people. We look like we could maybe do something useful or good but it is just beyond us to do it consistently or very great and we don't get to far before we are a poor excuse for what we should have been. God sent us Jesus to set us free from all the damage our sins have done and the original problem of starting out with a rickety core. Through faith by the grace of God we are made new, not just shined and sharpened but all new metal, handle, hinges everthing made the best out of what had been inferior. Now we are able to do what we were meant to do; whittle, trim a stick, cut an apple, shave your face. Now we can do the work we tried to do before but always came up failing. Not only do we now have the potential to do good we also have a bladesmith, Jesus, who will sharpen us up as we go if we submit and let him work with us. We can't sharpen ourselves, no knife ever got up and went to the stone to bring back it edge. Do you all understand what I am getting at? Look at Ephesian 2:8-10 again. "we are God's workmanship" I am giving this as a way to think of it, I know we aren't really knives LOL but we should think of ourselves as tools ready for the work that He has for us to do by His power. The tool doesn't get the credit, the Master craftsman does. Think of that word "tool". It has taken on a bad connotation lately but I will gladly say I am a tool for Jesus, He can grind or do whatever He needs with me is how I want to live.
THAT WAS GREAT! THANKS.GOD BLESS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:27 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I like listening to and reading the sermons of the late Oliver B. Greene, William P.Grady, Peter Ruckmann and Billy Sunday to name just a few

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:15 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hogguide wrote:
I like listening to and reading the sermons of the late Oliver B. Greene, William P.Grady, Peter Ruckmann and Billy Sunday to name just a few

Way to go, those guys preached the steak and potatoes gospel. No mincing words with them. My grandma was a big Billy Sunday fan, she had some old bulletins and song books from some of his services from way back in the days. Was he also on the radio? I wish I still had some of them, at the time I was to young to know that they would be rare some day. That was thirty years ago.