CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: the rapture
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:37 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have asked two questions on this forum about women preachers and the rapture. it seems like all it has done is caused arguing and controversy. this was not my intent. they are things i wonder about, i just wanted input from other christians. if i was wrong in asking may GOD FORGIVE ME THRU MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. i have a lot of other questions i would like to ask, but i won,t, maybe i need to dig a little deeper in the bible. southernthunder you gave me a good answer, and i thank you. i also argued on here.untill i discoverd it was wrong, and i apolgized to the one i was arguing with.
THANK YOU
GOD BLESS
BRAD

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:44 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Brad you have asked a important question and I would like to see it discussed with discernment here. My understanding is somewhat confused on the rapture to.
Treetalkin I to listen to Pastor Murry on Shepards Chapel. I have respect for his study and understanding of the Bible and I believe he does far more to teach out of the Bible than most. That being said I will also say he has caused me to question what I have been taught the rapture. He seems to have a very opposit explanation for it and that is why I would like to learn more here.
I have been coming here since Christian houndsman was started and never really identified myself. I was first baptized in a baptist church and have spent most of my christian life there. Today I attend a church of God and the Pastor is my best freind. We live in a rural area and we travel in rural areas doing Bible studies at different homes. These Bible studies are made up of people of different denominations and some with no church affilliation. We go out purely to study the Bible, and do not wish to cause any conflict with any of the local churches. You can understand how important it is to stay bilical and how important discernment is to us! Doctrinal issues do come up as do personal beliefs. Sometimes we have a solid answer for someone, but at other times we may leave a questioner with versus and information so that he has all information necessary to arrive at his answer himself.
In Acts you can read how the early Christians did nothing that wasn't 100% agreed upon. They were able to do that through discernment with the Holy Spirit!

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i am brand new to this site and i don't want to be nosy but in my opinion Brad did nothing wrong by asking this question. how else are people suppose to learn anything?

mel seems like a smart feller and i wish i could get involved in his Bible studies.

one more thing i noticed was that snooky seems to like the fighting and arguing but as soon as bluedog did the biblical thing and apoligized snooky never made another peep. just my opinion but that sure don't seem too christian to me.

Bill Franklin
Lightning Strike Redbones

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Bill your compliment is misplaced but thank you all the same. I agree that Brad has a good question and I would like to hear Christians who have studied it more speak up and lead a discussion on it. I believe it was Jeff Andersons post that explained it as I have always been taught. I have also listened to Pastor Murray and if I understood him correctly, what we consider the time of the rapture in Revalation is at the sixth trump or the time that the anti christ is coming representing himself as Christ. Pastor Murray says that this is a time Christians better beware. Perhaps Tree Talkin can explain it far better than I can. I am not real proficient with my Strongs Concorance and have never studied Greek or Hebrew. I do know it is important we seek the full meaning of God's word to us. It always amazes me how I can reread a book or a verse and the Holy Spirit will reveal something in a new light that I have completely missed before!

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:52 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

BluedogMan; Thanks for the humble reply. Yes we have clashed on a couple of issues, and will disagee on somethings in the future. Agreeing on every issue isn't required to be ones brother. I also offer an apoligy for being to quick to judge and for not always manifesting the proper spirit. Some have pointed out that I didn't reply quickly enough to your post. I could have stopped and quickly posted something, but Fri. and Sat. and Sunday are the only days that I am busy and I wanted to reflect upon My previous replies before responding.
I apoligize to those for not relying quickly to your post.
I assure you all that though I may disagree on doctrinal issues, I have no ill will, or hard feelings to anyone. Snooky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Snooky,
Thanks for the post and for the apology. I have no ill feelings toward you in any way. We are brothers in Christ and from this point forward I pledge to act that way toward you and everyone else on this site.
If I can be of help to you, your family or your church in any way please call upon me. My home is open to you anytime that you might travel this way and I look forward to visiting with you on this forum in the future.

Your Brother in Christ,
James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:33 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

BlueDog; I will keep the invite open. If you ever pass through the southern Idaho area, give me a shout. You have a clean bed to crash in and a meal awaiting. If bear or lion season is open, we may even burn a tank of gas looking for tracks, but I warn you, My dogs aren't blue. Snooky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Snooky,
Thanks for the kind words and the invite. I would love to take you up on that lion/bear hunt offer.
The invitation is always open should you ever venture down this way.
As far as your dogs not being blue.........Well, there's another area that we'll just have to agree to disagree upon...LOL

Your Friend & Brother in Christ,

James D. Lacey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:11 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Rature=To be transported from one place to another.
Caught Up= To be taken from one place to another.

Brad to answer the question concerning the word Rapture. The word rapture is derived from the Latin word Rapto. Almost all words in English are either derived from Greek or Latin root words. As you said the word rapture is not found in the Word Of God. So since it is not found it can not be called a doctrine like Baptism, which is found in the Word as a doctrine. The reason the word rapture is used by Christians is that it has the same definition as (caught up). So to use the word rapture is perfectly fine because we are not adding a different meaning to what is being said in the Word of God. We are just using a word that has the same meaning in reference to what is said (caught up). There have been alot of aruements concerning this issue but for me as long as we dont change the meaning of what is said in the Bible we are not adding or taking away from the the word of God.

God Bless and have a wonderful day!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Good answer there HSB. Every language has its difficulties in translation. That is one of the benifits of walking in the Spirit and not in the flesh. The language of the Spirit is universal. One need not be fluent in the language of olden times, or of the nations today, If he can hear the voice of the Spirit as He speaks unto the church, we will not be lead astray.
Thou shalt hear a voice behind thee saying, this is the way, walk ye in it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey brothers and sisters i am new to this site. I seen that there was a little contraversy and some disagreements. Well i am glad every thing is better now. There is alot of these thinks that happen in the bible. People will be people. Well are all in the flesh and we sin alot. We say well i have did good today but if you really think back you forgot about looking at the women and the man an lusting. You forget about the nasty conversation you had with people at work. What am saying is that we fail God everyday we are strangers here just passing through. We need to remember that. Well the rapture is a good subject to talk about. I believe what jesus said I am going to prepare a place and i shall return and receive you unto my self. This is not quoted but you all know the scripture. If you cant find i will look it up tommorow. You need to read rev. slow real slow and cross ref every verse to understand and i think the best way i understand was a tim lahay bible the prophesy one. Remember it is all about the grace through faith. You have to have faith in the lord, some things are not mentioned one of two times in the bible but through faith i believe and pray if i dont understand i pray and ask the Spirit to give me understanding of the word. i he will through faith at his time. God bless

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:19 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

qoute;
Remember it is all about the grace through faith

Bro Williams. I like it when one qoutes the scripture as the scripture is written. So many fail to connect Grace and Faith together scripturally. The common trend seems to be; Isolate one scripture, or portion of a scripture and build a doctrine around it, while neglecting the larger portion of scripture.
It has been said of certain verses, that they are the "gospel in a nutshell", or "if we only had that scripture, we would have all we need". If that were true, that would be all the scripture we would have been given.
When studying Revelation, the Old Testament prophets are invaluable in the understanding of the New Testament book. The Law and the 7 feast days of Israel are also keys to understanding that which is coming in the future.
Everything revealed in the New Testament, was already fortold in the types and shadows of the Old Testament. The Gospel revealed, is found in the Old Testament concealed.
Everywhere the Apostles went, they preached Christ and him crucified from the only scriptures they had at that time, The Old Testament writings of the Law, Prophets, and Psalms.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:46 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

We have been doing a study of the rapture put together by Perry Stone. It is a ministerial level study and I have really enjoyed it. Has anyone else been through this study?
One thing I found very interesting was the old Hebrew wedding and how Christ is to take the Church as a bride.
Snooky I agree there is harmony of message throughout the Bible. It seems to reveal new things to me each time I study it.

Mel

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:16 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Mel; I havn't seen or heard the Perry Stone studies, but I have also been looking at the "Jewish wedding". Do you have any ideas' about the guest who came into the feast without having on a wedding garment? As It appears to me, the master of the supper provided each guest with a garment upon arrival. This quest in question was a "friend" of the Master, by the Masters admittion. Didn't some servant detect one without the masters garment? Wasn't someone in charge of such things?
The guest, (invited, friend) not only showed up to the supper, but was on time with the other guest, and Here is part of my puzzle that I am still trying to figure out, The unclothed guest gained entrance into the marriage supper, and was then cast out. Will some gain entrance to the Marriage supper of the Lamb, and then be removed from the feast in progress? If so, will all, both saved and lost, be sorted and devided at this time? Exactly what does the garment (which is of such importance) represent? Is there another time and manner of sorting out of the excepted and the unexcepted, or the saved and the lost? If so, when and where does it appear, and why doesn't their judgement take place at the same time as the supper?
What do you fellows think??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:41 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Snooky your questions are important ones and we have covered some of this in our studies. Allow me time to go back over what has been taught so that I can properly present what I have been taught before.

Mel

Profile  WWW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next