CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:10 pm 
IP:
My pup woke up this morning with pain in his back I did not see anything wrong with him yesterday.He is only 8 bweeks old.I took him to the vet and had exrays done.I turns out he has a slipped disc in his lower back.I drove two hrs to a neurosergeon only to find out it would cost $3000 or more to do the surgery.I don't have that kind of money. He is now back at my vet undergoing alternative treatment.Steroids, and I.V for two days, to see if the inflamation goes away enough that the disc slips back into place.Does this ever work.Is there anything else that can be done.Is there a K-9 chiropractor.I want so bad to fix this pup.has anyone else had this prob.I love the little guy.I would hate to think of him not making it.All because of money.

Last edited by scpacoonrunner on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

praying god will be with you and your pup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:31 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

good possibilty he will be ok had this happen to a beagle he got ok never happend agin we will pray for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:38 am 
IP:
Thanks for the prayers.Keep em up.They did not use the steroids on him for fear of growth problems, or other side effects.They have him only on pain med w/ antiinflamator.They said he is walking and moving alittle better today.They will keep him at least one more day .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:57 pm 
IP:
Well so far he is doing well.he is back home and deffinately moving around better.he is wagging his tail a lot now.He wasn't doing that at all the other day.He is also standing on his hind legs in his cage.He couldn't do that the other day.When I took him out to go to the bathroom he was running.I am going to keep him seperated from other dogs and children for at least the next two weeks.And will keep him on pain meds for at least the next four days.