CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bible study subjects.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:16 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hey, I teach Wed. night adult bible study at my church. Let me rephrase that, I try to teach. I am 32, married with 4 kids and love it. Two boys, 10 and 9 and two girls that are 5 and 1. My wife teaches the little ones at church on wed. and sun. She and the pasture's wife use literature or wright their own. Just thaught I would share that. Might help if you knew a little about me. Anyway, the adult class on wed night runs about 15. We have 3 retired couples and the rest range from there down to my age. We are currently going through John. But sometimes I feel led to teach something else and do. Everybody feels the same as me, you have to do what you are led to do. And we always have a good study. But the reason I wrote this was to get some ideas on good bible studies. So share some ideas with me. Thanks for your time and pray for me. (Jamie) James R. Ramey.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

There many many possible subjects and materials to study. I like to revisit the seemingly simple subjects or storys that were learned enjoyed in our youth. For ex. Daniel ( and the question: why did'nt the lions eat daniel... answer because he had faith in his god, but studied in more detail.
Or how bout the story of the prodigal son etc. etc.
Its alao sometimes to study the meaning of a psalm. for ex. I raise up my eyes to the hills from where will I find help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:39 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Fatherof4 one of the very best studies we have had is out of the book "Cleansing Your Heart of Anger and Bitterness" written by Ernie Gruen. As a Pastor he is well aware of problems Christians have with their walk in this life. I think it really helps both those questioning their faith as well as those that are taking their faith for granted. I would encourage you to read this small book as I believe you will find it highly rewarding as I did.

Mel

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:07 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Fatherof4; In 40+ years of preaching and teaching, I have never failed to find a message in the bible if I would only be led by the author of the Book.
Some of the greatest New Testament lessons to show Christ and his work among men is found in the Old Testament, (our schoolmaster to bring us to Christ). The Tabernacle in the Wilderness, the 7 feasts days of Israel, ect. are all types and shadows, but the body is Christ. They contain as Peter said, "salvation to be revealed in the last days".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:06 pm 
IP:
The types of Bible studies I wish I'd been a part of wouldn't be the usual ones, nor the ones most people like. I would want to discuss the parts of the Bible that are the hardest to swallow. More likely to be found in the Old Testament, but many can also be found in the New.

When Moses and his people came to the promised land, why did God tell them to kill the original inhabitants? Because they were sinners? Then why did God say to kill every man, woman and child in some of those nations? Killing infants sure doesn't sound like something a loving God would do... so why?
Stories like this have often bothered me, because they don't seem to fit with the rest of the Bible. I think they get ignored often because they aren't the loving Jesus stories that we all grew up on.

As someone else mentioned, I like the prodigal son because it shows that no matter how sinful and rejecting the son was, his Father never gave up hope and never lost love. I think that's something we forget often as many of us reject certain groups of people as too sinful... God doesn't do that. God isn't fair in the least (thank goodness!), it's Grace. The subject of grace in itself could be studied forever, we so desparately need it in the world today.