CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:48 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I recently did some studying and writing on human nature and I purposefully stayed away from this one aspect of the conversation because it's been one I've never wrapped my mind around and wanted to see what some of your thoughts were.

Adam and Eve.... what was their nature? Was it a Glorified Holy one like we'll have after the resurrection- if so, how could they choose to sin, how could they even have that desire?

Was their nature fallen already, that would explain their desire to sin and weakeness when tempted- but then why call it a fall- and why would God create them with a "fallen" nature in the first place?

I've got some theories- but they get a little lengthy and get into how we view salvation altogether- so I'd just like to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

dk

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:10 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

houndsound wrote:
Was their nature fallen already,

Not until they eat the forbidden fruit. But then we can argue that their nature was flawed form the get go to be able to sin....

Sometimes I feel we try and read more into and make the scritures a little harder than they need to be.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:45 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

No need to argue..... just an interesting thought. I agree they weren't fallen until they ate the fruit.... but then what does that tell us? What does that mean for our future nature's? And believe me..... I'm not reading anything into the Scripture or making it harder then it is..... it's just a question that is there, I've got to think God loves us asking questions like these... that's part of getting to know someone, asking tough questions and trying to answer them. The truths we need to know are simple and black and white... but there is much about God that's a mystery to us, and I believe Father is a mystery that wants to be discovered by His children.

Curious to hear more people's thoughts on this?

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:22 pm 
IP:
I think that's an interesting question, I hadn't ever thought about the Adam and Eve fallen question. I believe these are good questions to ask, I personally think that we should question everything in the Bible to try and learn more. That's how I learn at least, to simply repeat something without thinking means nothing, but to truly question and try to understand my religion/beliefs/God better is of paramount importance to me.
I've been given the eyebrows-up look when I ask questions sometimes, but oh well. There are a lot of things in the Bible that show God to be truly loving, and others that at first look show him to be horrific and brutal. Sorting through those and trying to understand what things REALLY mean helps me to keep my faith and not be somebody who grabs one verse and uses it to condemn an entire faith system. There are many things in the Bible that I still don't understand, and at times disgust me, but I keep plugging away because if that's what God did or wants, well then it's right, and it's my job to learn more and grow.
Good question :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:15 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

No where in the Bible do we find that we become what they were in the original creation. They were created with a free-will yet without sin. They only had one command to obey or disobey.

Our glorified bodies have nothing to do with the original state of Adam and Eve.

To answer the question their nature was sinless with the option to be tempted and fall. The reason they were created this way is because God desired that his creation love him willingly. He didn't create robots. A robot cannot love.

The believer's glorified body will not have the option to be tempted and fall into sin.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:24 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Hispanicpbh wrote:
No where in the Bible do we find that we become what they were in the original creation. They were created with a free-will yet without sin. They only had one command to obey or disobey.

Our glorified bodies have nothing to do with the original state of Adam and Eve.

To answer the question their nature was sinless with the option to be tempted and fall. The reason they were created this way is because God desired that his creation love him willingly. He didn't create robots. A robot cannot love.

The believer's glorified body will not have the option to be tempted and fall into sin.

Thanks for the thoughts. My question is then if He created Adam and Eve with the ability to sin, because he didn't want robots..... then if we don't have the ability to sin in Heaven, aren't we just robots then?

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:06 pm 
IP:
It is my belief that we will have the ability to sin in heaven. Otherwise there wouldn't be "fallen angels." I also think though, that however things are in heaven, that we won't have the desire to sin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:41 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

MTCoonHunter wrote:
It is my belief that we will have the ability to sin in heaven. Otherwise there wouldn't be "fallen angels." I also think though, that however things are in heaven, that we won't have the desire to sin.

that's kinda' my feelings on it.... I think we'll have the ability to sin, just like adam and eve... but I think because we'll have a complete view of grace via the cross and a risen Christ we won't have any desire to sin. I don't know for sure though, just fun to think about.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:35 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

MTCoonHunter wrote:
It is my belief that we will have the ability to sin in heaven. Otherwise there wouldn't be "fallen angels." I.

The Bible says there will be no sin in heaven. The Bible describes Heaven in great detail in Revelation chapters 21-22. Nohere in those chapers is the possibility of sin even mentioned. There will be no more death, sorrow, crying, or pain (Revelation 21:4). The sinful are not in Heaven, they are in the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8). Nothing impure oir unclean will ever enter Heaven (Revelation 21:27). Outside of Heaven are those who sin (Revelation 22:15).

Profile  WWW