CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Need it back
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:01 pm 
IP:
Ok we used to do a daily Bible verse in this section and I feel it is time to start this again. I will be putting in a daily bible verse in this section for people to read and to discuss also. I do not want any arguing over the verse on opinions good fellowship and debate would be great. This section was once abundant in posts and it has dwindled down. I admit I was one of those people who have not posted in awhile. I turned my hard times to the wrong thing and need to bring it back to the Lord because he is in total control. So here is the first one I will start a new one each day. Thanks and God bless.

Romans 8:28-31

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: thanks Steve
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:58 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I like when Paul asks a question in any of his writing. He says complicated things and then tosses an obvious question in to bring it together. It is easy to see that when good things happen in our life that God is working out His purpose....new baby...job promotion.....we all can appreciate when those things are working together for our good. The real thing is to trust God to still be working all things together when things seem to be unraveling in our lives. Back in 2001 my wife and I lost a baby girl. She was stillborn and had a heart that couldn't keep up so at about her delivery date she just quit moving and we learned she had died. Anyone who has been around has had some of those kinds of things happen and we need to figure out how God uses these things together for good. I believe and trust that He does but the answer of how is one I am only seeing little bits of. My wife and I went through some deep times together and there is still some real hurts when we sit and talk about it. But I can get on here and say that God has used our pain to help others who have had deep sudden losses. We can say to them that we felt it to and we know what they are feeling. We also know that God can always be trusted whether the day is bright and sunny or the storms of life are falling down on your head so hard you don't know which way is up. I listened to that parable from Luke 6 all my life from Sunday school on up and never understood it until we went through the loss of our daughter. Look that one up, it is the one about two builders, the one who built on sand and the other on solid rock. Jesus was saying that He himself was that rock and what he taught, that a life or family built on Him would stand in any storm. You know that one or have heard it but when you are a kid the teacher never says, "One day you are going to have ...... happen and you won't make it through without Jesus". That Romans 8:28-31 is all about having a faith that is anchored down deep beyond anything else pulling it out or breaking it apart. No one can convince me that God is not there or that I can't trust Him no matter what is happening around me. Same for all of you I pray and in whatever you are going through right now.

Post subject: romans 8: 28-31
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i would have to say that no matter what a person goes through the bad things that is, God says he will never leave us nor forsake us and Paul says it even farther in verses 35-39. but also Paul tells us in 2 cor.12:9-10 that he glories in his weakness handicap etc. that the power of Christ rests upon him and when he is weak he then is made strong. so then being saved (predestened) and being under the blood (justified) no matter what happens we will still shine. when we go through hardships then and only then can we say I know how you feel, I'm here for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:24 pm 
IP:
I agree that this passage relates to everything happens for a reason. Those who believe in the Lord understand it is Gods will. I relate this to things like what I am going through now. I am going to a rough time in my marrage. I know with the Lords help it will work out. Yet this has opened my eyes to what exactly I was doing wrong in my marrage and what I need to work on to make it work. I feel God did this for a reason because of his love for me. I have learned what I need to do. Just like the saying the Lord works in misterious ways. We tend to notice more of the happy times the Lord gives us. When he builds us through the bad times too. he will not give us any cercumstance that we can not deal with with him in our hearts. Everything in life is not easy weather it be a death a seperation loss of job or whatever but the Lord has a path for us to walk down and it shapes us to be christians. i will also admit this whole ordeal has brought me closer to God and I thank him for bringing me closer to him and what he can do with his powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:45 pm 
IP:
I will start out by saying that I by no means think that I am smart enough to even talk about what this verse means but to me it is a chllenge. Paul is saying to the people that if God is with us who can be against us?. Certainly not any of the worldly things that we use as excuses such as our jobs, finances, not enough time. With God in your lfe you can conqeur all of these obstacles sp stop using them as excuses and ask God for the help that he is so eager to give.

Post subject: Re: Need it back
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:37 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Steve Jarrell wrote:

Romans 8:28-31

And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?

beautiful, absolutely beautiful passage..... one people often try to make harder then it is.... don't have to be real smart to get it... it just means what it says.... leaves me humbled and hopeful.

dk